MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys
I have a relatively new (1k miles) 2013 brutale that ran fine until the end of last season. I know that the miles are low, but it was left in a crate until two-years ago. I need to keep on the throttle when the bike gets hot to prevent what feels like 3 of the 4-cyl running. Runs like butter in all other situations. I have a Rexer re-map and unit, and have reset the adaptive and TPS with no improvement. Gas is good. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
How hot is hot ???

Maybe you have a coil breaking down. Do you have access to detected trouble codes with your Rexer software...I am not familiar with it. If it is anything like a PowerCommander then that unit may be causing your problem. Take it off and see if the problem goes away.

Can you take it to a dealer and get them to hook up the diag software and check for detected trouble codes?

Where in the world are you ??? It's not listed in your profile.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Minneapolis MN. Crosstown is no longer dealing in MV and I do not trust the other local option. The Rexxer does have some diagnostic features, so I'll try that. Not hard-riding hot -- just running over an hour or so. I'll fix the profile. Thanks

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Are we talking a bad idle or is it with partial throttle settings in a particular range of rpms?
Did you buy the bike new and then do the rexxer reflash, or did it come already set up?
Is the bike standard apart from the ecu?
I presume that we are talking about a 1090 Brutale?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the bike new. Rexxer flash was done soon after -- basically to let the bike run a bit more rich during break-in and address the fact that the dealer did not reset the TPS at delivery so it ran really bad. It is a 1090 brutale. It acts like it is running super lean and does not like running at low RPMs --

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Well. if the TPS has never been set properly then that is upsetting the entire fuel and ignition map. The Rexer is a band-aid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts