MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yup definitely not there, all's that's there is a clutch line, and some coolant lines.

So new update, verified spark, started chasing down fuel. With turning key on, verified 12.2volts at assuming pin one at all four injectors. I went ahead and removed fuel rail and all four injectors and swapped injectors around. During this process I also found a loose connection on the injector side that was on cylinder one. The plug connection is secure but I can wiggle it once it's plugged in, like it's ready to break off the injector. So anyways, now this injector is on cylinder two.

Plugged everything back in so that the bike can run, starts up and runs but still rough but it is running longer than before . I go ahead and shut it off at around 120 degrees, twist open the throttle and I now have smoke coming out of three cylinders instead of two. 1,3 & 4 are showing smoke and number 2 looks dry. This is the cylinder with the questionable injector. So now I'm made to believe the injector is faulty as well. Tomm I'm going to move that injector to cylinder 4 and see if the smoke trail follows and see if I can have smoke out of 1 2 & 3. h

So if this does move, then are all injectors the same for the 1 gen 1000 motors or do the 750 injectors works as well. And same goes for brutale models. Just wanna make sure in hopes that it could broaden my range when looking for a replacement injector

·
Old Wing Nut
23,999 Posts
Look at the color band on the injector ....that is the identifier for flow rates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update!!

Four new spark plugs, ignition coil, and fuel injector later.....

Shes now running on all four!!! And she sounds amazing with the new exhaust! Definitely can tell she needs a tune, especially for cold start but once she starts warming up, idle is smooth, revs freely and the best part, stays running.

Hopefully with a few more heat cycles, the coolant system will be bleed, currently staying in the 190s with the samco hoses, jet prime water pump, and engine ice. That's all in a garage with no airflow. Can't wait to do some test rides, then get some new tires put on and enjoy riding this bike. I can't wait to compare to my other bike ( f3 800 rc )

Thanks for the help, it's been a fun bike to work on and learn more about the f4!

·
Old Wing Nut
23,999 Posts
Just so you know....190 is normal operating temp. Sitting at idle eventually it should go to about 210, fans come on and cools to 195, fans go off.
Sounds like the injector was your problem .!! Good job on persevering and figuring it out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts