MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this spot on the site hasn't had much action lately. Just wanted to say my 17 Brutale is running great and god damn does it make me smile, even if its just a quick trip after work to the local pub, only for one, I promise..... Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice to hear someone is happy with their machine..!

Personally I don't often ride mine but it just makes me smile....

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm happy with my 16 Brutale RR, but it needs some service, .... Should be a simple fix and then I will be back in the saddle again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Glad to hear it's running tip top sir! I'm down in Costa Rica at the moment wishing I had the bike here on these truly epic rain forest roads, holy shit....

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yep! I'm down there about 3 or 4 times a year and I imagine the same thing. Although I've yet to ride it, there's a pretty decent track not too far from downtown san jose. Also amazing is Phuket, Thailand with those low to high elevation twisties: the only other place I've been to, wishing I had my bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep! I'm down there about 3 or 4 times a year and I imagine the same thing. Although I've yet to ride it, there's a pretty decent track not too far from downtown san jose. Also amazing is Phuket, Thailand with those low to high elevation twisties: the only other place I've been to, wishing I had my bike.
I must say the roads are littered with bikes and lane splitting is at epic levels without casualty. Some of these bikes have rear tires as wide as my mountain bike and they hustle through the traffic on wet streets with skill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to hear! I've been lusting after a 2016+ Brutale 800 for some time now. But I'm hesitant to pull the trigger (if I can locate one) due to the current situation with MV and reliability.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's currently 1 month and 3 weeks that I'm waiting for a simple Fuel Gaskets replacement for my 2017 Brutale 800. I've missed out on the nicest weather of the year and with winter around the corner I don't even know if I'll be able to ride it home to store it. I'm absolutely livid and bitter beyond my love for this gorgeous bike that I've had the stress of owning for the last year and a half. I truly do wish you guys the best of luck with your motorcycles and never wish anything bad upon you. Hope MV works on their after sales serves in the unfortunate event any of your bikes are affected by something as stupid as a fuel gasket leek like mine..

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that you don't have a simple fuel gasket leak. If your fuel contains ethanol then likely your tank has deformed a bit and new gaskets won't fix it.

Warranty work is one thing, but the gaskets are readily available from other sources and the replacement is relatively straight forward.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's literally all that they are waiting for as for replacement parts at the moment. As per if my tank has deformed or not my dealer has not mentioned anything about it... honestly don't know what to believe anymore .. I've made a post about the issue already didn't get much feed back and truly only looks like a simple leak.. but I'm no mechanic and nor did i take it apart to the point to see the gaskets myself.. so I kinda have no choice to trust what my dealer says?

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
My 2015 B3 800RR is deformed due to ethanol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Currently my bike is in the shop, waiting for some parts. It's been 3 weeks so far. I hope for the best, but it's not too promising at this point.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Yikes Rob! I am interested in the ultimate fix as we have the same bike.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yikes Rob! I am interested in the ultimate fix as we have the same bike.
Well so far all I know is what I was told by Gido, that is; the came chain somehow was stretched, it jumped gears, so the tensioner and chain need to be replaced. I am not sure if the valves are being replace too, but I think he said he was going to.

It is not the dealer or Gido that is holding up the progress it is MV. I leave in a couple of weeks for vacation and will only be back a couple of weeks before Christmas, then New Years.... More likely than not it will be sometime in January or so before I have it back.

I'm buying a new bike in February so..... My experience thus far with MV is more of fling then a love affair.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well so far all I know is what I was told by Gido, that is; the came chain somehow was stretched, it jumped gears, so the tensioner and chain need to be replaced. I am not sure if the valves are being replace too, but I think he said he was going to.

It is not the dealer or Gido that is holding up the progress it is MV. I leave in a couple of weeks for vacation and will only be back a couple of weeks before Christmas, then New Years.... More likely than not it will be sometime in January or so before I have it back.

I'm buying a new bike in February so..... My experience thus far with MV is more of fling then a love affair.
Your best idea is to get rid of it while you can. I've managed to trade in my 2017 Brutale 800 for an Aprilia Tuono Factory. Best damn decision I've ever made. I managed to trade in the bike to the dealer while the MV was waiting for parts. The poor people at that dealer has no idea the headache they've just acquired. It had been 2 months the bike was waiting for fuel gasket replacements. And the day I traded in the MV they tried to get info on how much longer it would take to receive the parts and they STILL could not give them a date! I respect people who stick with and deal with their MV's. Maybe my problem is that it was my only motorcycle. :laugh:

Best of luck to you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts