MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I get to the above to reset my trip meter. The manual shows the run mode with both trip 1 and 2 on the screen along with the odometer. I can't get to that screen. What are the steps?

By holding the OK for four seconds it shows "Trip Display". Then I can hold the set button for four seconds and the Trip 1 blinks, by pressing OK for less than four seconds as the manual states it just blinks, if I hold it for more than 4 seconds it goes back to normal mode. ?????????????????????

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Not sure which model b4 you have ?

Maybe this will help, always try to remember we cant guess what you're riding. :stickpoke
Go to my site and download the workshop manuals.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Gug, Just press top button for 4 secs, top button again for 1 sec, bottom button for 4 secs, bottom button again for 4 secs. I just remember top button long then short, bottom button twice long. Easy! lol You need to push the buttons pretty hard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this will help, always try to remember we cant guess what you're riding. :stickpoke
Go to my site and download the workshop manuals.
Thanks Dons. The manual was nothing less than confusing in this one. It is a 2013 Brutale 1090. I kept looking for the "Run Menu" in the manual and it is actually the "Trip Display" screen you have to work from.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gug, Just press top button for 4 secs, top button again for 1 sec, bottom button for 4 secs, bottom button again for 4 secs. I just remember top button long then short, bottom button twice long. Easy! lol You need to push the buttons pretty hard.
Thanks Psycho. It worked and is done from the "Trip Display" screen not the "Run Menu" the manual shows. Confusing!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The workshop manual seems to be way different to the owners manual in some models. I had a Brutale 1090 over here a while back and tried to help the good fella out, I would love to get my hands on the neck of one of these MV electronic engineers.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The workshop manual seems to be way different to the owners manual in some models. I had a Brutale 1090 over here a while back and tried to help the good fella out, I would love to get my hands on the neck of one of these MV electronic engineers.
Right after you have them install a clock.:banghead:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I couldn't get the trip meter to display or reset from the manuals directions either - the doc that Donsy published made a hug difference. I abbreviated the instructions and put them into a small Word doc and had that laminated two sided - trip display/trip reset.

Fits in my pocket and gets fits of laughter from everyone I ride with because my $18K exotic Italian moto needs written instructions to do what they can with one button press - while they are riding.

Fuck 'em!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn't get the trip meter to display or reset from the manuals directions either - the doc that Donsy published made a hug difference. I abbreviated the instructions and put them into a small Word doc and had that laminated two sided - trip display/trip reset.

Fits in my pocket and gets fits of laughter from everyone I ride with because my $18K exotic Italian moto needs written instructions to do what they can with one button press - while they are riding.

Fuck 'em!
MP,

FWIW I put a short version in a text and sent it to myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just been looking in my hand book .
8 pages!!!!! about how to use the lap timer!!!! GIVE ME A CLOCK ANY DAY !!!!!
As user hostile as this dash is it would be an interesting poll to see what percent of riders actually use the lap timer. I would bet less than 2%.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I had trouble working out the dash display on my F3 when I first had it. went to the salesman who had trouble. Went to the supervising mechanic who had trouble. Went to the technician who works on the MVs and it was a breeze. Still takes some working out but I'm getting there and the manual doesn't help that much.

As for lap timer .. if it means pusshing a button as you pass a particular point whilst doing 200 ams/hr, well it isn't going to be super accurate ooartly as getting the same point to press and partly trying to find the button when concentrating on riding.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is one of the few complaints I have with my 1090RR. After a dozen or so times it gets easier to remember but it seems to complicated for something that needs to be done on a regular basis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts