MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How interesting would this be - Stoner & Crutchlow!

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/817/16135/Motorcycle-Article/Single-Track-Mind--Where-to-Ducati-.aspx

I personally think this article is a load of bollocks and they had nothing else to write this week.. I can’t see Crutchlow ever taking Dovi’s seat on an Italian bike.

However, I do think Crutchlow’s seat at Tech3 isn’t safe, as Yamaha have already stated they want Pol Espargaro to have a seat on the team for next year.. Unless Smith gets the push before his 2 year contact deal is up, Crutchlow could be without a seat..
I like Crutchlow as a rider, but he’ll never be a World champ whilst the current crop of top riders are in Moto GP.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
it is a load of bollox
stoner has signed for a few yrs to RB holden for 3 yrs
and his misses wont let him ride again

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh please god i hope this is true. As much as its a slight chance i hope he throws the towel in on those crappy holden v8 cars and go lay the smackdown in motogp and be the man again

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's wishful thinking! Stoner loves bikes, but hates the Motogp circus ie- all the politics, egos etc.. He's happy and settled with a baby, racing cars in Oz and not having to live out of a suitcase.. The only way we will see him back in Motogp is if he proves to be crap at V8 car racing.

And Yamaha would be insane to lose Crutchlow! That guy deserves a factory Yamaha ride after Rossi goes.. in fact he deserves a factory ride full stop! He's punching above his weight in the Tech3 satellite Yamaha..

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Stoner wont do anything in v8 supercars His finishing way down the pack in one of the top teams. Regardless of how long he has its another business driving those tanks. I just hope he has enough of this and goes back next year the year after idk but i just hope he does.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Stoner wont do anything in v8 supercars His finishing way down the pack in one of the top teams. Regardless of how long he has its another business driving those tanks. I just hope he has enough of this and goes back next year the year after idk but i just hope he does.

Couldn't agree more - he seems rubbish at it.

I can't understand how you go from being among the world's best at something to being a hack at something else, surely it must sting his pride.

The sooner he gets back to using that God given talent that he was blessed with the better.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
If i was him i wouldnt give a shit about the politics and just shutup swallow my pride and show everyone on the track who the real man is. Nobody is going to say anything to you when your number one. Bit like kimmi in the F1 manof few words they know to leave him alone

·
Registered
77 Posts

How interesting would this be - Stoner & Crutchlow!

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/817/16135/Motorcycle-Article/Single-Track-Mind--Where-to-Ducati-.aspx

I personally think this article is a load of bollocks and they had nothing else to write this week.. I can’t see Crutchlow ever taking Dovi’s seat on an Italian bike.

However, I do think Crutchlow’s seat at Tech3 isn’t safe, as Yamaha have already stated they want Pol Espargaro to have a seat on the team for next year.. Unless Smith gets the push before his 2 year contact deal is up, Crutchlow could be without a seat..
I like Crutchlow as a rider, but he’ll never be a World champ whilst the current crop of top riders are in Moto GP.

Very Interesting!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would thoroughly enjoy seeing Vale, Jorge, Marc, Dani, and Casey bring real racing back to the GP level.
It's become a ton better with Vale back and Marc bringing some Moto2 spirit to the table...but it's still a long way off.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
in the word,s of a great Aussie "TELL HIM HE'S DREAMING ' never happen

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would thoroughly enjoy seeing Vale, Jorge, Marc, Dani, and Casey bring real racing back to the GP level.
It's become a ton better with Vale back and Marc bringing some Moto2 spirit to the table...but it's still a long way off.
Seb

My money is still on Dani for this years title.. It's probably his last chance with Honda and with Marc being this unstoppable force, he only really has this year to do it..

Marc is the new wonder boy in Moto GP and I feel sad the Vale as yet hasn't lived upto his expectations..

Dovi is the class act in the field and on the right bike could be a World champ.. Crutchlow deserves a factory bike ( hopefully with Yamaha, but I still think his seat isn't safe for next year) and Smith needs to go back to BMX bikes and his old paper round..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Seb

My money is still on Dani for this years title.. It's probably his last chance with Honda and with Marc being this unstoppable force, he only really has this year to do it..

Marc is the new wonder boy in Moto GP and I feel sad the Vale as yet hasn't lived upto his expectations..

Dovi is the class act in the field and on the right bike could be a World champ.. Crutchlow deserves a factory bike ( hopefully with Yamaha, but I still think his seat isn't safe for next year) and Smith needs to go back to BMX bikes and his old paper round..

I agree with most of that. I don't see Dani seeing staying consistent enough to take the title though. After watching Marc race, you can just tell that he wants it the most out of all of them. I know the odds are against him as he still has to learn the tracks aboard a GP machine, but I do think he's going to do it.

Being a long time Vale fan, I can't count him out. The M1 is getting a bit long in the tooth compared to the HRC offering though. Still, he always has something up his sleeve.

I agree Cal needs a factory bike. He reminds me a lot of Edwards with his attitude.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with most of that. I don't see Dani seeing staying consistent enough to take the title though. After watching Marc race, you can just tell that he wants it the most out of all of them. I know the odds are against him as he still has to learn the tracks aboard a GP machine, but I do think he's going to do it.

Being a long time Vale fan, I can't count him out. The M1 is getting a bit long in the tooth compared to the HRC offering though. Still, he always has something up his sleeve.

I agree Cal needs a factory bike. He reminds me a lot of Edwards with his attitude.
The Honda bikes tend to get stronger towards the end of the season, as they seem to do better with the upgrades compared to the other competition, so it could be either Dani or Marc with the upper hand near the end of the series.

Marc is undoubtedly a future champion, but his eagerness to crush the established top riders in his first year could end in deserter. Hopefully not.

He’s not as kamikaze as I though he was going to be ( I’m sure Jorge would disagree) and has shown remarkable control of a Moto GP bike in his rookie season, but its still early days and there’s loads of races to go..

Whatever way you look at it, it’s got to be better entertainment than F1.

What worries me is if Vale has left it to late and does a Schumacher .

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
The Honda bikes tend to get stronger towards the end of the season, as they seem to do better with the upgrades compared to the other competition, so it could be either Dani or Marc with the upper hand near the end of the series.

Marc is undoubtedly a future champion, but his eagerness to crush the established top riders in his first year could end in deserter. Hopefully not.

He’s not as kamikaze as I though he was going to be ( I’m sure Jorge would disagree) and has shown remarkable control of a Moto GP bike in his rookie season, but its still early days and there’s loads of races to go..

Long way to go yet John, the only race I was a bit disappointed with Rossi was Jerez (Poppy and I were there and hoped for better) but he did have brake issues. Dani is always strongest at the end of the season, if they let him get too far ahead they won't catch him. Any of the 4 aliens could take this years title, Cal needs a works bike if he's gonna take a title. I'm still backing Vale :yo:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If i was him i wouldnt give a shit about the politics and just shutup swallow my pride and show everyone on the track who the real man is. Nobody is going to say anything to you when your number one. Bit like kimmi in the F1 manof few words they know to leave him alone

stoner has never been a man of few words unless you exclude all the complaining, then he really doesn't say very much at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What we are likely to see according to the latest rumours is Cal Crutchlow spear-heading the Suzuki factory bike next year! The team will be managed by Davide Brivio and run from Italian HQ, with experienced Suzuki chief mechanic Tom O'Kane at the helm(who was chief mechanic for Vermulen and Bautista). This is Cals best option for a factory ride, and could be very interesting indeed..

·
Registered
260 Posts

Do you think it's the HRC bikes or the tracks though? I would have to find the article, but there is an interesting one that points out Yamaha may be in big trouble since it didn't capitalize on the tracks that the M1 is typically stronger on.

I'm not ready to give up on 46 just yet....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts