1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Well well....

·
Registered
96 Posts
According to a German business magazine Daimler has approached MV recently, expressing their interest in acquiring a minority share in the company. They might be interested in setting up a link between MV and their sports subsidiary AMG. The Castiglioni family is planning to have 30% of the company stocklisted next year. The magazine refers to undefined rumours in the Milan Stock Exchange.
Daimler has not confirmed this, and they have no information from MV either.

If there is any substance to this, interest in Italian sportsbikes is spreading fast in Germany. Don't know, I don't necessarily fancy this...

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
O dear, after Ducati in Volkswagen Group hands, now MV is in danger.

I really hope MV will remain 100% Italian.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I for one wouldn't mind some German engineering touches in future F4's. Hell maybe the 2016 F4-1000AMG will have a kompressor :D

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
German engineering and electronics married with Italian styling flair!!! Can we say Lambo on 2 wheels?

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I don't really have an issue with this type of thing anymore. Global conglomerates (don't you love that term) source parts and components from all over the world, and assemble vehicles all over the world.

Many Japanese cars assembled in US utilize 70+% parts made in USA. Some 85%+.

Mercedes now utilizes engines made by Nissan at their Decherd, TN power train assembly facility (http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120108/CARNEWS/120109894). I toured this factory a few months ago - amazing manufacturing facility. They forge crankshafts and cast cylinder blocks at this facility, and bring in parts from all over the world to complete assembly of 4,6 and 8 cylinder engines for more than a dozen Nissan, Infiniti and Mercedes cars.

I'm not saying that German "engineering" isn't a thing. My daughter has a VW Jetta with the 2.0L Turbo engine and DSG tranny that VW/Audi have had tremendous success with. Designed and engineered in Germany. Assembled by cheap labor in Mexico. Seven years later it's still a great car.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
The Aventador would have born also without Audi. All Audi has brought to Lambo was pushing 4WD transmission in the newer models, and this is exactly what Lambo aficionados don't like at all.

I'm not sad if Daimler would participate in MV financially and technologically, but not standing on MV's feet , like Audi is doing on Ducati.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The Aventador would have born also without Audi. All Audi has brought to Lambo was pushing 4WD transmission in the newer models, and this is exactly what Lambo aficionados don't like at all.

I'm not sad if Daimler would participate in MV financially and technologically, but not standing on MV's feet , like Audi is doing on Ducati.
Yes , but without Audi I don't think Lamborghini would be around today.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes , but without Audi I don't think Lamborghini would be around today.
Who knows, but it's definitely not thanks to Audi's technological ingestion who pushed Lambo to one of the top supercar ranking, I think more , Audi's management helped the most.

Back to MV, in the high price market they are, it's a hard business, and a strong partnership like Daimler will help to keep their position for a high end product.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Or maybe they are planning a hostile takeover and will rebrand MV to mercedes to better compete with bmw. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Or maybe they are planning a hostile takeover and will rebrand MV to mercedes to better compete with bmw. :wtf:
MB Agusta? If you say it fast nobody will notice :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts