MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd add more fuel to the rumor fire ;)

As a previous member mentioned, Tata is also shopping MV.

Article:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/28/rumormill-tata-looking-to-buy-stake-in-mv-agusta/

Volkswagen may not be the only auto manufacturer interesting in a storied Italian motorcycle maker. Hot on the heels of its purchase of Jaguar and Land Rover, rumors are swirling that Tata may be considering purchasing a stake in MV Agusta. According to a few Indian and Italian sources, Ratan Tata, chairman of the Tata Group, is reportedly in talks with Claudio Castiglioni, the man running the show at MV Agusta.

Tata's involvement with MV Agusta could inject a unique flavor to the Indian conglomerate's portfolio, which has already been boosted by its acquisition of the two aforementioned classic British marques. A healthy injection of cash could do wonders for MV Agusta as well, considering what it has already proven capable of even in its currently meager financial position.

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
I see tasseled pasties on the mirrors..:jsm:...now this is just going the wrong direction, boys!! :jerkoff:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tata now own British Steel, Jaguar and Landrover!

They own a ton of other stuff also,

I.T Outsourcing is a biggie and now they are a major player in the Telecom industry, ISP's, and high speed bandwidth via fiber, STM's etc... Globally.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
does this mean the new brutale will have a dual headlight set up???

( . Y . )
Where the hell have you been, my friend??? Your irreverence is missed!

·
Registered
228 Posts
They own a ton of other stuff also,

I.T Outsourcing is a biggie and now they are a major player in the Telecom industry, ISP's, and high speed bandwidth via fiber, STM's etc... Globally.

I liked the quote I saw in the press along the lines:

"These Indians are not cowboys"

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Tata now own British Steel, Jaguar and Landrover!

Tata started his business trading tooth powder in India no tooth paste at that time. He started his business with Rs:2100 like $50 in 1869 fifth generation and counting :yo:
Now here is a example of entrepreneurship.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Think about it guys....Tata buys MV.....next thing you know.....we've got the F4 'Dolly Parton'.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts