MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nay noticed a discussion about this yet? It is now the semi-finals, and if you can access the games on your telly it might be an interesting experience for you if you like that sort of thing. NFL for the yanks.

The Brave Blossoms, Japan, have had a great home WC, and far exceeded expectations, certainly the expectations of the fools on the rugby board. Georgia were also impressive, I am always surprised that the Canucks don't do better.

Striya? If not for all the Pacific Islanders they claim I wonder if the Wallabies would have even progressed beyond the pool stage? I thought England might be a threat to the New Zealand All Blacks, but the poms were lucky, and Aust somewhat inept, they will be no match for the kiwis. England did Aussie Rugby fans a favour by eliminating Aust, the Wallabies got to avoid the All Blacks, so at least Aussies won't have to put up with weeks of sledging from their kiwi friends and collegaues after yet another shellacing.

I think Wales were also lucky against Aust, and very, very lucky against France, so the process of deciding who the All Blacks will beat in the final will throw South Afrika into the mill. In my opinion.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You were wrong about England. They beat the all blacks and beat them well

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
It grieves me to say but the English played well I just hope wales can do a job tomorrow and have a Wales v England final which will prove that the southern hemisphere sides have come along way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
An English / Welsh final will be one hell of a derby.

I'm an Englishman in mid Wales, who works on a construction site full of rugby fanatical Mid Welsh lads, with a few of us English on here - it's certainly been entertaining the last few weeks on site with the banter. It's been hilarious.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Im English and I hope the Welsh win tomorrow and I am sure they will. I dont think South Africa are what they used to be and Wales are a class outfit.

I would feel more confident though going into a game against the South Africans than Wales.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Och aye. If not for the black guernseys, I would have thought it was the Wallabies against England. Never seen that version of the ABs before. Heaven help whoever they meet in the bronze game. I hope to hear the taffys singing after the final, a nice change from the Eng/NZ/RSA/Aust domination.

·
Registered
971 Posts
England will beat SA. SA wont be able to cope with Englands pace

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that it is not a dour, old fashioned Rugby that RSA bring. They may surprise us all and play running rugby, which they certainly can do. There will probably be lots of tries in the NZ v Wales match.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am surprised that no Unzuders have appeared on this thread? Still mourning perhaps?

It was a good game, I am glad that RSA won, it will be good for the national psyche and sense of humour.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
NZ v England - what a game, the English dominated and beat NZ hands-down.

England v SA - what a game, the SA's dominated and beat England hands-down.

I think the English players were more dumb-struck by their loss than the Kiwi's ...I think the English felt because they beat the Kiwis (well and truly), the cup was theirs !

SA definitely earned my respect for their response to the win and their belief in the win was for the country.

Aussies - landed about where they deserved
Japan - landed about where they earned

Japan's hosting ....Epic !

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although it is Rugby League and not Union, Tonga recently beat both England and Australia. As the two countries with the highest standard of club league, one would not really expect that Tonga, a small south Pacific island nation, would even be competitve in the English or Aussie club comp.

Tonga announced a public holiday. This prompts me to continue on my earlier theme, one wonders how some of the South Pacific nations would fare in Rugby internationals if Tier 2 Rugby nations had more access to players who might prefer to play for their father's country.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/burwood-hotel-still-che-hooing-two-days-after-historic-mate-maa-tonga-victory-over-australia/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts