MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber around my keyguard piece is continuously coming loose. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried elmer's glue, gorilla glue, and now am trying silicone - all carefully applied, but every time I get up to speed it seems that it is flapping in the wind again. Very annoying when we pull up after some twisties and the other guys in the group make cracks about Italian build quality! I will show ProItalia at my next service, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

- Amir

·
Registered
154 Posts
Interesting ... haven't had this happen. Goes to show you that every Italian bike is unique and has a personality of its own.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not heard of this prob before... did you replace plastic with carbon...maybe the carbon one is thinnner and therefore rubber looser?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had this issue on my 750 Brutale - constantly fixing it. But no problems yet on my 910R. Maybe you could buy another one....avoid glue if possible?

·
Registered
236 Posts
The ends on mine slip out often. Has anyone swapped to the c/f piece that does not do this? If so which brand?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I pulled my off the original piece when I replaced it with carbon from e-Moto. Unfortunately, I tore it a little, but they told me standard seal adhesive from the hardware store would work. They also are trying to get replacement seals for the carbon piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am going to try rubber cement next, then replacing with a carbon fiber piece. (Nice to have an excuse to do so!)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I replaced mine for carbon, and just used some super glue (gel) to stick it back. That was 11.000 km ago. I had to take off the piece a few times to do some adjusting and manteniance on the engine (spark plugs and so...) and It never got loose. Maybe I'm just lucky...

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Brutish said:
The rubber around my keyguard piece is continuously coming loose. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried elmer's glue, gorilla glue, and now am trying silicone - all carefully applied, but every time I get up to speed it seems that it is flapping in the wind again. Very annoying when we pull up after some twisties and the other guys in the group make cracks about Italian build quality! I will show ProItalia at my next service, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

- Amir
Ciao,
Can you insert pics about your problem?
I wont give photo to Mv tecn..
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
449 Posts
In the instructions of the carbon MVSP piece it says to use silicone. I have an extra MVSP carbon keyguard with the rubber trim if anyone is interested. It has a tiny scratch on it that can barely be seen.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
FERROMAN said:
I replaced mine for carbon, and just used some super glue (gel) to stick it back. That was 11.000 km ago. I had to take off the piece a few times to do some adjusting and manteniance on the engine (spark plugs and so...) and It never got loose. Maybe I'm just lucky...[/QUOTE

When I went to cf I had to take the old one off with a razer and then glue it to the cf with ca (cyanoacrylate) aka crazy glue or super glue. the tire glue at a hobby shop is verry good because it is the same stuff but more flexable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
anyone know where we can buy replacement ones? asked a few web dealers and no-one seems to be getting anywhere? i ruined mine replacing the surround with an emot one, so need a new strip to make it look all nice again.
(my eyes keep getting drawn to the rough edges, which makes cornering a bit more dangerous)!!!!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had this problem on my carbon piece... I used some of that Black silicone and it has not been a problem since. Wont harm the carbon either :) If you get too much on there it will just peel off when you rub it. Works great! Get this stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts