MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
would anybody have experience to share about the traction control 8 levels and the "map" settings on the RR? I'm not even sure I got how to select "sport" and "rain"...
Thank you!
Dave

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Do you need a copy of the owner's manual? Send thru' our email address via PM and I will send you a pdf file.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Don't you guys get a manual or a CD or even a Thumbdrive with the instructions on, or some help from the dealers ? Try this mate.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks revhead, I've got one and they explain how to select but not in what circumstances each of them is appropriate... Sport and rain I can guess (even if I'm not sure what "sport" does) but not the 8 different levels of TC...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Regarding traction control. 8 is the most sensitive. 1 is least sensitive. 0 is traction control off. Its really up to the user what they desire. You can always start at 8 and work your way down or to whatever circumstance your using the bike in.

The dealer we went through told us 1 was the most sensitive, but as above, its the other way around.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Donsy. Great cheat sheet. So 0 + "sport" for the track and 8 + "rain" map when really bad weather... with all nuances in between.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding traction control. 8 is the most sensitive. 1 is least sensitive. 0 is traction control off. Its really up to the user what they desire. You can always start at 8 and work your way down or to whatever circumstance your using the bike in.

The dealer we went through told us 1 was the most sensitive, but as above, its the other way around.
cheers Deano

Sorry guys I was so impatient to jump on the bike I didn't really discuss this with the dealer. I will try to check what to expect when the TC is actionned...

·
Registered
277 Posts
My TC is set on 4, had it come on once that I know of on a damp day on the GOR in sport. Its pretty subtle, try that for a starting point. I leave mine in sport mode 99% of the time, rain map is good for slow stop/start city riding, not so sensitive. When you reset odometer best way to remember is hit the top button once long, (more than 4 sec's), then short, bottom button 2 long presses.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive never felt mine work and its set on no.8.is there a light or any other indicator to show its activating.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ive never felt mine work and its set on no.8.is there a light or any other indicator to show its activating.
Never noticed it working on mine either, I just leave it set at 4, same with alt maps when I had the std ecu, made jack sh*t difference apart from the rev limiter set lower, sounds like the F3 has many things to adjust, I want less not more!

·
Registered
7 Posts
here's my experience:
1. Dry course road - '1' allows a little spin, engine still responsive. '6' retards engine ALL time.

2. Dry smooth race track - '1' '6' both do not cut sudden spins. And when I was on '6', at extrme lean, it let a sudden spin, then cut the power off. --low end into the gravel.

3. Wet or New tyre - TC is simply dangerous. Cut the power off when turning. Fell to the ground straight away.

Fortunately all the protection knobs did their job. So far the worst damage has been stone chips on the fork. Yeah that's fxxking unbelievable but it happened.

·
Registered
860 Posts
here's my experience:
1. Dry course road - '1' allows a little spin, engine still responsive. '6' retards engine ALL time.

2. Dry smooth race track - '1' '6' both do not cut sudden spins. And when I was on '6', at extrme lean, it let a sudden spin, then cut the power off. --low end into the gravel.

3. Wet or New tyre - TC is simply dangerous. Cut the power off when turning. Fell to the ground straight away.

Fortunately all the protection knobs did their job. So far the worst damage has been stone chips on the fork. Yeah that's fxxking unbelievable but it happened.
Thanks for sharing,more interesting.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think some of you guys aren't fully understanding just how it works.

Lighting up the rear will not necessarily cause it to intervene. It WILL intervene when it detects a SUDDEN SPIKE in rpm. E.g. mid corner with steady throttle on out of corner (rpm at 8k) suddenly hit some shit (spikes to 11k) and the rear spins up unexpectedly. This would cause an intervention.

riding along straight, then pinning the throttle to light up the rear deliberately would be a more smooth (steady\slower) spike in RPM so will not be intervened on depending on mode.

Hope that made sense

Reactions: hank100
1 - 15 of 15 Posts