MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,
Thank you in advance for reading and take time to response.

Here is my two cents,

I notice that when i redline my 01 f4, it's only approximately 14000rpm.
But when it's show on the meter that the rpm max is up to 17000rpm.

Is that a normal thing or unsual?

i always thought that where the max rpm is where you redline.
Seeking for some knowledge, please educate me.

Thank you,

tokyorider893
01 f4 red/silver

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Your redlining at the right place. MV just didn't mark their gauges. ANd I dunno WHY, but some of the magazines complained that it should be marked, and actually took points off during a comparo...WTF?

I personally think it looks nice that way....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
this brings to mind some thread somewhere where the discussion was that the F4 engine COULD rev that high, but it was limited by the alternator. wouldn't that be interesting if true...(06R6)!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reassuring.

There were few times when i was concerntrating making the turn and didn't realized that i rev that high and when it get to that point the the power drop and slow the bike down a little (not much).
Which i was like WTF?

Also notice that the 06-R6 have 17rpm but could only rev to certain point.

I like the way it look 17RPM too. Just hoping that redline is at 17RPM not at 13 or 14RPM.

NOw that is out of the way.

My sad new, i have a shortage some where on the bike to the blinker fuse keep blown out. That's might be the cause to the dead battery now. I push started a few times before, but last night it wouldn't start at all. So, i tried and tried and end up putting a scratch on the tank with my jacket. It's about a dime in length not too bad, but it's hurt my heart.

Now i got to find out the problem to that and going to try to cover the scratch. It peel the paint off a little.

Thanks for the response guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts