MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone RPM reading i.e. cruising speed of 65, 75, 85 MPH on 6th gear with stock spec'd tires, stock sprockets?

·
Administrator
18,809 Posts
There are speed calculators easily found on-line.
All you need do is plug in primary-transmission-final gear ratios and tire size.
We will all be reading the same thing with the stock bike.
Note that the meter itself has variations at the needle but your visual should be very close to actual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At 85mph, my 910S is at about 6200 - 6400 rpm with increasing exhaust tone level and my hands start going to sleep from bar vibrations.

·
Administrator
18,809 Posts
I have installed heavier bar ends from CRG (which also provide attachment point for their Lane Splitter Mirrors which are GREAT) and SuperBike Gell Grips. These reduced my numb thumb problems from vibration at constant highway speeds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to have these -> CRG LS mirrors + MotovationUSA heavy bar ends + Progrip SBK grips. These similar parts might mitigate some vibration issues for some people but they actually introduced more vibrations for my 910S, I know rare case.

So I went back to stock mirrors + cheap bar ends + Progrip grips.

·
Administrator
18,809 Posts
tried a BarSnake????

·
Registered
203 Posts
There are speed calculators easily found on-line.
All you need do is plug in primary-transmission-final gear ratios and tire size.
We will all be reading the same thing with the stock bike.
Note that the meter itself has variations at the needle but your visual should be very close to actual.

Not only the speed calculator, but also for all other values that have an impact on the speed/acceleration.
I use it for years on various bikes and turned out to be accurate enough to take it as "absolutely" correct (especially when changing the sprocket and/or the dimensions of the rear tire).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts