MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace the front rotors on my bike. It's a 2010 f4. Does anyone have insight or feedback in which one would recommend a brand? Cost, feedback, performance?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I just stuck to the Brembo originals,some guys have tried the Wave rotors,do a search on here to get some info

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
What's wrong with yours ?
I am now on my second set of BRAKING rotor's, I find the new version a slight improvement over their previous model.
Older version

New version

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I have the Braketech stainless steel ones. Very happy about it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's wrong with yours ?
I am now on my second set of BRAKING rotor's, I find the new version a slight improvement over their previous model.
Older version

New version
Donsy - Where are you finding the Braking rotors? I've been searching distributors and retailers across the country and I get the same answer, "Out of stock and no idea when or if they'll be available."

I'd like to find a set of quality rotors that aren't in the Brembo/Braketech/MV OEM price range. I can deal with $550/set rotors better than $700+/set.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Donsy;

nobody in the States is going to buy from products available here from England.....its like buying from OZ or NZ:jsm::jsm::jsm:

they'll go to;
CycleGear and order them
a dealer that deals with PartsUnlimited and order them
or an on line store and order them

cheaper and 3-5 days tops

Stateside on line, my Bell Star was $349 off list, beat that

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Andrew.
Noel, the new gent asked me where I got them, I told him. Buying from the UK out of Australia is very similar to buying from the UK out of the USA. And shipping in 4-5 days happen quite often.
BTW, welcome to the forum malchus6.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
pricing?

Donsy;
after 44 years in the background of the motorcycle and auto racing industry......

YOU are going to explain pricing to ME?????:naughty::naughty::naughty:

the only person I couldn't sell valve springs to was Pops.....he refused to believe Tim Witham the "W" in S&W was fucking him for $21.95 a set when I'd sell him the identical set made on the same machine for $10

FMF Boost Bottles (a 2 stroke intake plenum) I TIG welded 1,000s @ $2.50 ea + $0.20 for the rubber drill.....skin packed and boxed, cost ~$5 ......$15.95 wholesale......$49.95 retail....like the margin? 1,000%

Mitch says the trade price of an Iridium plug in OZ is $17 ea......they are $26.64 + $2.84 shipping for a SET of 4 here

the Factory HO water pump is 270 quid in England, $134 here

Pirelli P-Zero rear tires for Dave's Aston Martin are $1,400 in NZ and $140 here on Ebay.......I have 3 more fronts to send him

have a nice day :stickpoke

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Sometimes I wish I lived in the USofA,you guys have such a great source of products that just blow me away and great prices too.Thats why I buy 100's of bearings from Noel's mate Charlie.Quality Japanese bearings at almost half the price anywhere in Australia.God bless America.:)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Volume of people Mitchy. Now how many do we have in this country actually working,I will have a stab at it.
population say 23 million ,take out children the elderly and other people on benefits,I would say maybe 12 million at a guess who work.We have to pay bloody higher taxes to keep the wheel turning.
The USA must nave at least 220 million working,not sure. That is why you can not buy crap here in Oz at a descent price.

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Donsy;
after 44 years in the background of the motorcycle and auto racing industry......

YOU are going to explain pricing to ME?????:naughty::naughty::naughty:

the only person I couldn't sell valve springs to was Pops.....he refused to believe Tim Witham the "W" in S&W was fucking him for $21.95 a set when I'd sell him the identical set made on the same machine for $10

FMF Boost Bottles (a 2 stroke intake plenum) I TIG welded 1,000s @ $2.50 ea + $0.20 for the rubber drill.....skin packed and boxed, cost ~$5 ......$15.95 wholesale......$49.95 retail....like the margin? 1,000%

Mitch says the trade price of an Iridium plug in OZ is $17 ea......they are $26.64 + $2.84 shipping for a SET of 4 here

the Factory HO water pump is 270 quid in England, $134 here

Pirelli P-Zero rear tires for Dave's Aston Martin are $1,400 in NZ and $140 here on Ebay.......I have 3 more fronts to send him

have a nice day :stickpoke
I wasn't trying to explain pricing to you, I was explaining the situation, you made the smart arse comment, I didn't see you post a positive link to where the guy could get these disc's, I could.
He was not looking for a waterpump or tyres, just in case you got SIDETRACKED:stickpoke:stickpoke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts