MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Great read! Himatsu is the lion behind the scenes.

And Rossi... truly a great rider, perhaps the greatest of all time but I lost a lot of respect for him with the Bridgestone, etc., thing.

For years he reigned on Michelins specially made for him. When Ducati realized they'd never win as long as Michelin controlled the tires, and the outcomes, they went to Bridgestones and most of the world laughed.

Ducati helped turn the Stones into winners, not Rossi. A few years later, Rossi threw a fit and demanded Bridgestones, too.

Ducati developed fuel and lubricants with Shell. Now Shell is the spec fuel of MotoGP.

Ducati paired with Magneti Marelli to create state-of-the-art traction control. Rossi's Yamaha now has Magneti-Marelli TC as well..

No problem when Rossi had better gear than the rest of the field. When someone else had equipment good enough to beat him, my, how things changed!

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
True or not, great read!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Great read! Himatsu is the lion behind the scenes.

And Rossi... truly a great rider, perhaps the greatest of all time but I lost a lot of respect for him with the Bridgestone, etc., thing.

For years he reigned on Michelins specially made for him. When Ducati realized they'd never win as long as Michelin controlled the tires, and the outcomes, they went to Bridgestones and most of the world laughed.

Ducati helped turn the Stones into winners, not Rossi. A few years later, Rossi threw a fit and demanded Bridgestones, too.

Ducati developed fuel and lubricants with Shell. Now Shell is the spec fuel of MotoGP.

Ducati paired with Magneti Marelli to create state-of-the-art traction control. Rossi's Yamaha now has Magneti-Marelli TC as well..

No problem when Rossi had better gear than the rest of the field. When someone else had equipment good enough to beat him, my, how things changed!
We all know it comes down to the gear more than it comes down to the rider or driver. It's true in motoGP its true in F1. So when the competition has better gear than you and you're losing consistently wouldn't you demand the same thing? This is what competition is all about, leveling the field so the best comes out on top. If Michelin came back with a better tire everyone would demand it. I'm glad there isn't brand loyalty cause that would ruin everything.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I for one think it's the rider, not the gear, at least in M/C racing. That's why Rossi and the Yamaha beat the Honda although most at that time said the Honda was superior. Rossi's lost more than a bit of his edge in recent years. He can't win on inferior gear anymore, at least not so easily, hence the spec tires, spec fuel, etc.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I did. The thing I wondered was how much truth there was in there and how much was inside jokes that the rest wouldn't get. Obviously Burgess was the crew chief and he certainly had plenty of data on the Honda, but how much? I'm sure he began squirreling away as much as he could the minute he figured Rossi was leaving Honda. I don't recall but did Lawson have any development duties after he retired? Did he contribute anything to the bike's development before Rossi was out of his Honda contract and eligible to test? I actually searched to see if Himatsu and Takahashi are Yamaha execs, but nada. Are they mechanics who got a plug in a magazine? Brolly girls? Or maybe Himatsu is crude Japanese slang. LOL. Still a funny article.

·
Registered
890 Posts
How many of you understood this story as an April fools story?:naughty:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yup. To be a good spoof, it's got to have a bit of truth. I just wondered how much was in between the lines... And I really am curious about those two names. Did they just pick them out of thin air or is there more to it? And does anyone know if Lawson actually did any development while Rossi was still under contract to Honda?

·
Registered
890 Posts
By the second page it was pretty clear. Creative though.
+1

By second page, I was fooled to go search Youtube to see the race @
Welkom to make sure that the person I know who won the race was
Rossi.:shitfan:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hehehe... nice on. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
91 Posts
i was a sucker all the way till the last sentence. the whole time i thought, isnt this 100% against the rules, ban rossi, good bye forever type of offense? but never did i think it was fake.

<----- dummy, but thoroughly entertained!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts