MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been posted before, but it is well worth watching again. Gets my heart pumping every time I see it.

http://www.wimp.com/incrediblelap/

Just incredible riding talent. :f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
Excellent!
(Wimp? dot com?)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
That's amazing, but even more amazing was the Stoner/Rossi showdown two years earlier at the same circuit. Back-and-forth lead changes between the two, with Stoner stuffing it down Rossi's arrogant throat at the end, winning by just a couple of bike lengths, (.6 second margin of victory).

I was there. It was so sweet to see Stoner stick it to Rossi!

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's amazing, but even more amazing was the Stoner/Rossi showdown two years earlier at the same circuit. Back-and-forth lead changes between the two, with Stoner stuffing it down Rossi's arrogant throat at the end, winning by just a couple of bike lengths, (.6 second margin of victory).

I was there. It was so sweet to see Stoner stick to Rossi!
Now Stoner is sticking it to the sheep. Will not miss the whining little quitter.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Now Stoner is sticking it to the sheep. Will not miss the whining little quitter.
Contemptible attitude and comment. Someone posts with some excitement about a great riders battle and you feel it is valid to post an insult instead.

Perhaps you misread the intent of the thread. If so why not start one of your own called 'vile comments about people I've never met'.

At least that way i can go back to reading some of the other threads with some intelligent debate.

Back on topic: Rossi's season long demolition of Gibernau was awe inspiring. He pretty much ended the guys competitive career.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Great clip Ed. Hope to see more races like this.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yamadogr1, you're the one who comes across as a whining twat! You obviously have a severe case of man-love for Rossi and are totally unable to appreciate Stoners sublime talent on a motorcycle.. Or is it pure jealousy that he has the balls to speak his mind, be it a positive or negative comment, instead of been a politically correct media savvy whore like some riders? Get over yourself, or at least post something that has more value than a steaming pile of dog-turd..

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yamadogr1, you're the one who comes across as a whining twat! You obviously have a severe case of man-love for Rossi and are totally unable to appreciate Stoners sublime talent on a motorcycle.. Or is it pure jealousy that he has the balls to speak his mind, be it a positive or negative comment, instead of been a politically correct media savvy whore like some riders? Get over yourself, or at least post something that has more value than a steaming pile of dog-turd..
I'll say it again - "Is this the pot calling the kettle black?"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Donsy, my kettle is silver coloured, or maybe even shaped like the number 27.. I try to keep my comments about riders fairly impersonal, and based on facts as much as I can. Mainly because I don't know them personally. Yes, it's obvious I'm a huge Stoner fan... But I don't go around vilifying riders personalities with pathetic one liners like yamadogr1. He behaves like someone who has been personally insulted by Stoner himself! Go back to MVF3's comment! It's spot on.. This was a thread about sublime riding skills/battles, and yamadog deserved a bollocking for been a twat..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Great clip of history being made right there. I remembering watching and rewinding multiple times that very clip.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hope the 2013 season will bring back moments like that, on the edge of the seat 'till the checkerd flag drops, no matter who's under that helmet!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Those of you that have Netflix need to watch "Faster".....a two hour documentary on Rossi, Simoncelli, Lorenzo, etc. The opening sequence is spectacular.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Faster - Fastest

Yeah that was like a 3 or 4 volume series. One of my favorites and very fun to watch each, but I believe the one you're refering to, with the sequence your refering to was the latest one made a little over a year and a half ago called "Fastest".. very good stuff.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Yeah that was like a 3 or 4 volume series. One of my favorites and very fun to watch each, but I believe the one you're refering to, with the sequence your refering to was the latest one made a little over a year and a half ago called "Fastest".. very good stuff.
Not sure......maybe so.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
It's just two movies. The first, "Faster," focuses on the rivalry between Valentino Rossi and Max Biagi during the 2001-2002 motogp season. A sequel, "Fastest" follows the same riders into the following season, and explores Ducati's unexpected domination of motogp that year.

·
Registered
561 Posts
wow! I am ashamed to say i missed that one, it made my hairs stand on end, my heart race, my girlfriend said why you breathing so heavy.

I can't imagine what it is like to ride a GP bike but one thing is clear they were both on the limit, only Rossi could make that move (in my opinion)

Thanks for posting, I could watch that over and over again

1 - 20 of 28 Posts