MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, please forgive my ignorance and for probably posting this in the wrong spot.

I currently ride an Aprilia RSV Mille R, and when i came into the shop the other day I saw the most gorgeous motorcycle I have ever seen. It was a MV Agusta Senna. So now I am hooked, and i'm hoping one of you veterans can either email me or do a quick post with the following info:

What are the different Agusta models? I've seen F4 S, 1, 1+1 (which i assume just means it has a rear seat), a Senna, and an SPR. Also, i think the 2003 and newer bikes are 1000ccs, and the earlier ones 750, but otherwise are they the same?

Finally, how do these compare in power, speed, performance, to an Aprilia RSV-R or a sport type Ducati? Are the Agusta's reliable? Parts/Service super expensive?

Thanks very much. My email is [email protected].

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Check the gallery for the different models and looks. Each are very different from each other. If you do a bit of searching on the forums, you will see the differences in say, a Senna, 1000 R, 1000 S, Tamburini, etc.

The news also has a bit of information on the more recent models

·
Registered
409 Posts
those bikes uve listed vary more in price an availability then anything else . all sport bikes are fast so thats alll realative . the mv will prob have the best front end of the group . the Duc is a twin so itll make a different noise an power delivery . an all the bikes uve mentioned are reliable an very exspensive to work on .at the end of this line of thought itll bring u to no where . in my opion find the one that u like to look at the most ..then see if u can afford it , then buy it . u could be attack by a wild swarm of african killer bees any day now .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Before changing to an 750 F4 I owned an aprilia RSV mille (not R) for 3 years . I have to say that I loved the aprilia and was unsure if I was making the right decision but after my first ride didn't regret changing. 4 years on I still have the F4 & whilst would like a new bike wouldn't want anything other than another MV. Build quality is first class & I wouldn't have any worries over reliability.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome harendsen to mvagusta.net . Whichever F4 you choose to buy, I don't think you will have any regrets about getting a MV Agusta. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
out-fricking-standing. exactly the type of info i was looking for, thanks to all. a few of you PM'd or emailed me as well, and the info was invaluable. i'm saving up my loot and hope to get on one of these soon. not exactly priced for us Government employees, but who needs that "food and shelter" nonsense.

Thanks again, you guys rock.

hamilton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts