MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or tried a Roof helmet? Im thinking about getting the flip up helmet from them, cause its too damn hot here in SWFL to sit in traffic with a full face helmet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've had it. The worst helmet I've ever owned, sorry for Roof. :mad:
It's damn heavy, noisy and when it's raining water get inside.
If you want a serious modular helmet get a Schubert or a Nolan (they even got blue tooth microphone), the best around.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Flaming said:
I've had it. The worst helmet I've ever owned, sorry for Roof. :mad:
It's damn heavy, noisy and when it's raining water get inside.
If you want a serious modular helmet get a Schubert or a Nolan (they even got blue tooth microphone), the best around.
Nolan has that gay add with Melandri..... "ciao, leave me alone when i'm driving" :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can't say about the Roof brand, never saw one. But There's another flip-face fropm Italy sold under the name Caberg. Very similar to the Schuberth with the internal, tinted half-visor. A freind of mine bought one and he's happy with it. I tried it but his was a bit too tight for me and bothered me after about 1 hour. I'd probably need the next size up. Constuction and quality looks good, and they're about $100 USD less than the Schuberth. Just a bit harder to find retailers. Here's their web site.

http://www.caberg-helm.com/home.aspx?xL=e

·
Registered
10 Posts
Forget ROOF , you will be disappointed
the look is great but the performance is bad
I change mine for a XLITE Agostini six months after my purchase
sincerely

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! Anyone have any comparisons between Caberg and schuberth? How do they fit? Any noise issues?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Modular helmets are ALL more noisy and heavy than others, caused by opening mechanism and all those thin connections lines where air gets in.

A new one VERY nice and light is new Airoh TR1, 1350 gr., available in several different colors and with sun flip too.

Schubert is considered one of the best, but it's very expensive.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i have the shubert C2 and its the best helmet i ever had
very quit, good ventilation options, light and has sunglasses built in

and it has the flip up , so when it gets to hot you drive with helmet open and suncreen down

·
Registered
65 Posts
Flaming those Airoh look nice,
How much for Airoh and how much for schubert?

Where would you be able to find both of those?

Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
For sure it's a stormtrooper/star wars design, have you seen the chrome edition of TR? ;)

I know that here they costs about 160€, you should check on the website for your local retailers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flaming said:
Modular helmets are ALL more noisy and heavy than others, caused by opening mechanism and all those thin connections lines where air gets in.

A new one VERY nice and light is new Airoh TR1, 1350 gr., available in several different colors and with sun flip too.

Schubert is considered one of the best, but it's very expensive.
Those look nice, but they dont "flip" up like the Roof or schuberth do they?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Flaming said:
For sure it's a stormtrooper/star wars design, have you seen the chrome edition of TR? ;)

I know that here they costs about 160€, you should check on the website for your local retailers.
Chrome version... :eek: :stickpoke ...yikes...I think I'll pass for now though if I ever find myself (forced to) going to a star wars convention :stopp: :nutkick: :ahhh: :later: I'll check them out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts