MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode a Brutale 800 few days ago as my mother bought it this past winter.

First thing first: I rode most of the Brutales made; 750, 910R, 1078, 1090RR(2010 and 2012), 989R.

First thing that comes to mind; holy cow this thing is light. Mass is nicely centralized and quite low. Handlebar is too close to the seat for my taste.
Gearbox is so smooth you don't even know you shifted. I prefer the ''old'' feel when you really knew what happened, but I guess I would get used to it.

Brakes are superb, nothing more can be said. If anyone thinks he needs any better for the road, well you don't.

Suspension was set way too soft for my weight and speed. I like a bit firmer ride.

Throttle response is nice. I had it in Sport only and didn't even botter with other maps, it was good to me. maybe I will try them at a later time.
The only thing is that it feels a bit ''playstation'' with too little resistance. You don't feel the connection between road torque and wrist.

But; this bike is fast. At least 910R fast. It is so easy to manouver and to change direction even at speed. Sound is very nice.
There is no engine below 3-4k RPM, after 5k it gets alive and really pulls hard over 8k. You can feel the power from 5, but it really gets going at some 7-8, don't know exactly.
I don't like the dash board. I couldn't read the RPMs very well as there are only dashes. I like needle RPM tacho better.

As I said, the suspension was not set up for me so; I didn't trust the front end, like there was too little weight over the front wheel. I am sure that would change with mileage, but in my short stint (25km) I just couldn't get myself to trust it completely.

However; this is a very fun bike to have. Front end gets light very very fast and even at higher speeds.
Sound is awesome, that growl is so special it cannot be described.

I think owners will be very happy to buy this bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
MihaSLO, I am extremely happy with my B3 800 at this time. The reach to the bars is perfect for me but then maybe because I am a short arse. Only 5ft7in but I find the ergonomics perfect in both handlebar and foot peg positions. Due to the narrow seat, it is easy for me to also have both feet flat on the ground when stationary. Never been able to do that before. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts