MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know if to put this in Media or MV Sightings, Or if it has already been mentioned, but just at the local newsagent and picked up the Spring copy of Retro & Classic bike enthusiast and noticed a little picture on the front cover of a MV America in a garage all painted out in the Italian colours and a chequered floor and instantly recognised this to be at Rob's place.
I can't scan a copy of it here as I don't have a colour scanner, so hopefully someone can as it is a great read and some wonderful pictures of a magnificent bike.
Well done Rob:yo:

On a side note the magazine has some other great articles including one written by Russ.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
He Sees Everything!

Thank you Nathan & Dave. :)

Bloody hell that's a sharp eye you have there Nathan - tiny pic on the front cover & you picked it in rack full of coloured magazines! :yo:

The story came out quite well, the guy did a very good job of getting the 'vibe' - I was particularly happy with the "Thank you's" they got that perfect including Johan & Dorian from the forum here & their role in it all. My scanner at home is not talking to my computer and one at work is black & white so useless to reproduce it here at the office.

Russ's story was surprising as the 3 of us where in that Mecca of Italian vehicles that is Rob's (other Rob, The Egg Man) garage complete with marble floor in March this year - at that stage we had no idea 6 months down the track we'd be in the same magazine!

Retro & Classic Bike Enthusiast is a great magazine - some breathtakingly beautiful machinery in there, an honour to be displayed in that company and happy to share my joy & good fortune with all motorcycling enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I knew with the egg man story was going to be in this edition of RCBE but I must admit, it was a surprise to see Rob's America in the magazine as well. Hopefully a future edition will have a story on a couple of 350 Ipotesi MVs.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very cool Rob! Happy you got to add this one to your collection.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That's awesome. I saw the video of Leno with his 750 America and the sound IS amazing. Made me want one, but I have no doubt that it'll be unlikely for me to see one with my own eyes, let alone own one. Congrats on finding yours Rob and also on the article.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
First of all sorry for the late reply I spent a 4 weekend in Melbourne and caught up with a couple of the guys from here :) As well as looked at another MV to acquire, but Shhhh ... for now ;) Big thanks to Russ for being my impeccable chauffeur :yo: And big thanks to Adrian for showing me your car & bikes :yo:

Next, THANK YOU Dino for uploading the article, you are the KING of that - next time I am in Melbourne possibly later in the year, I'd like to organise another dinner like last time for all the guys!!! Drinks will be on me :)

Very cool Rob! Happy you got to add this one to your collection.

Thanks Josh, I had no idea this was going to happen when we were riding those hills in Georgia together in November 2011, a mere 6 months later BAM, there I was in Italy! - just goes to show, sometimes the best thing is to just live life, let it play itself out and enjoy on the ride ;)

Thanks also for the message, we haven't spoken in an eternity - hope all is fantastic for you!! :)

:)

The author's last sentence summed it up pretty nicely, I think.

I have to get my hands on a copy of that magazine.
Do you know who that bloke (Johan) who is in Belgium that was mentioned a couple of times & in the "thank you" section? If you see him buy him a beer for me - better still, PM me your home address & I'll send you a copy of the magazine, so SHOULD you run across him sometime (after all how big is Belgium? I am sure it will happen sooner or later) you can give it to him with my sincere thanks and heart felt appreciation ;)

That's awesome. I saw the video of Leno with his 750 America and the sound IS amazing. Made me want one, but I have no doubt that it'll be unlikely for me to see one with my own eyes, let alone own one. Congrats on finding yours Rob and also on the article.
Thank you sir, I felt a little like you & in reality didn't expect to own one - so you never say never as you just don't know what the future holds. The sound is amazing, it is the most visceral experience imaginable - when I ride it, I often get guys tucking in behind me and no matter what speed I slow down to they won't overtake, eventually when I stop, they always tell me, the sound to too good not to be enjoyed & directly behind, is probably the next very best place (apart from in the rider's seat seat) to enjoy it! It does make you go :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks again,
Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Do you know who that bloke (Johan) who is in Belgium that was mentioned a couple of times & in the "thank you" section? If you see him buy him a beer for me - better still, PM me your home address & I'll send you a copy of the magazine, so SHOULD you run across him sometime (after all how big is Belgium? I am sure it will happen sooner or later) you can give it to him with my sincere thanks and heart felt appreciation ;)
I tried but your mailbox is full :stickpoke

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I tried but your mailbox is full :stickpoke
I did not realise that I was so popular :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Actually I am not, most of the messages were to the wrong address :eek:

Try now :)

Cheers
Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts