MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,422 Posts
Ian, I'm sure you'd agree that bicycles are truly amazing these days. They have little resemblance to the kind of stuff I used to ride when I was a young nipper. The cosmetic appearance of the carbon is up there with the best offerings from MV Agusta - and that is quite a compliment.
And yes - incredibly light.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Ian, I'm sure you'd agree that bicycles are truly amazing these days. They have little resemblance to the kind of stuff I used to ride when I was a young nipper. The cosmetic appearance of the carbon is up there with the best offerings from MV Agusta - and that is quite a compliment.
And yes - incredibly light.
It's a beautiful specimen Dave. I'm sure you'll go like liquid smoke. In '94 I blessed myself with a Specialized S-works. To a nerdy high school kid in Idaho it was like driving a Ferrari.

Just remember that those bicycles can easily do upwards of 50-60 k an hour at a good clip these days and going down at 60 on the bicycle is just like going down at 60 on a motorcycle, the difference being spandex versus leather.

Can you pop up some up close pictures of the carbon fiber by chance?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I ride a bike called a Scattante, which I bought at Performance Bikes. It is their store brand and from what I am told it is made in the Fuji factory. It is a carbon bike with Shimano 105 drivetrain and Shimano wheels. Had it fitted to me and changed to a Specialized seat. I try to do a 100 mile plus per week. Will be doing 33 today. Everybody ride safe.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've been riding pretty often the past couple years, maybe more often than I ride motorcycles even. My latest is this Van Dessel, not a roadbike really, though I take it to the city instead of driving most of the time. Its fun for single track riding too.

I also have a hardtail 29er mountain bike that I haven't ridden in a year since I got this one put together.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Okay, I'll bite, though this is more "vintage". I am a runner, but have taken up biking again recently to cross-train. I have a Schwinn Super Le Tour that my brother gave me back in the late 80's (he was getting seriously into biking and got a fancier bike). For some reason, through all of the moves I've been through, I've kept the bike with me. About 7 years ago, I decided to join my brother for a 100 mile ride for Tour De Cure for Diabetes. So, I got this bike out refurbished and trained on it for a year to prepare for the ride. I put over 1900 miles on it that year. I flew up to Montana where my brother lives and the 100 mile ride was and rode his extra bike for the ride. It was great - despite it being 35 degrees at the start!

Anyway, I've dusted it off again and have been riding it once a week to supplement my running for about a month now and hope to keep the weekly rides going.

This photo is from 7 years ago after I cleaned it up and it still looks the same (I like that you can see my Brutale there in the background, though we no longer have the Jetta wagon).

Bicycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wheel Bicycle Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle wheel

A Red Bull Multisport 300 from 2005 or so.
Ride it on saturday mornings from 06:00-08:00 to start the weekend.

Rain forecast for tomorrow looks good:)
Azure Rectangle Slope Line Font

Sky Cloud Afterglow Nature Automotive lighting

Reactions: anothermvfanatic

·
Registered
2003 - F4 750 SPR #251
10 Posts
I ride a Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1 .. It suits my riding just fine .. It has ticked the 100 mile ride box and next year London to Paris is on the cards.
Bicycle Bicycle helmet Footwear Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

41 - 54 of 54 Posts