MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a road cycle. I know there have been some older threads on bicycles, but as they are a bit old, thought I'd start a new one.

Recently got a Kuota Kharma Ultegra. Neat bike, looks the business for sure. Had an intro 20km ride around today. no probs with stamina but the position is a bit rough, saddle a bit rougher.

I got some fancy specialized boa shoes with the clip-ins. I thought they were quite a pain in the ass, so I went out this afternoon and got some mountain bike shoes instead which have normal pedals on the other side. Will try these next....

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Giant TCR with Shimano 105. The perfect bike for a plugger like me. I just turned 2000 miles on it last week. Rode 48 today at 15 mph pace in 50 degree weather with heavy wind. Not fun......

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I have a several motorcycles, including a new 2010 Brutale 1090RR. For road bicycles I have Trek Madone 4.7 carbon fiber model. Similar colors to your road bike.

welcome!

I certainly had a look at the Trek Madone range. They have a Trek shop next to work, nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

I am riding a custom built Ti frame, campy record carbon Ti groupset, SRAM force carbon crank, alphaQ carbon forks and bars, thompson elite seatpost and stem. I have the crank bros candy2 pedals with sidi mountain bike shoes as i find them much easier to use and walk in than road shoes.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice looking bike Colin:)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I currently ride a 2010 Specialized Allez Steel

Dura Ace Downtube shifters
Shimano Tiagra Crank, front/rear derailleurs
Custom Wheelset: Mavic CXP-33 with DT-Swiss 240 Hubs

I've lost 20lbs within the last 8 weeks from diet and riding.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, bit of an old thread..... Have really gotten into the cycling gig.

Curious if anyone else is on Strava (or similar?). Be interested to see what some of you guys are up to.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Small but beautifully formed

I currently have a Dolan frame (originally Dolan were very track focussed so the frames are incredibly stiff).
Set up with:
Campagnolo Zonda wheels
Campag Centaur/Chorus 10 speed groupo
FSA cranks
Keo Sprint pedals
Michelin Pro tyres
It might be small but it can climb!!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I currently have a Dolan frame (originally Dolan were very track focussed so the frames are incredibly stiff).
Set up with:
Campagnolo Zonda wheels
Campag Centaur/Chorus 10 speed groupo
FSA cranks
Keo Sprint pedals
Michelin Pro tyres
It might be small but it can climb!!

Nice! And being smaller helps with climbing.... I struggle with it. Carrying 20kg more than a lot of the guys around here who just sprint up the hills, it's a bit depressing. Of course, there are some bigger guys who are pretty fast as well, so really just need to more practice.

Once outside of Tokyo, lots of mountains... so pretty easy to find climbs. Did my biggest one-day climb day last weekend!
http://app.strava.com/rides/6277530

Dolan looks good.... hadn't heard of them before.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 54 Posts