MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the rizoma rearsets from PJs parts.com,great service and prices from these guys,highly recommended.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ross steer said:
Just purchased the rizoma rearsets from PJs parts.com,great service and prices from these guys,highly recommended.
Do yourself a favor and check every nut and bolt during and after the first few rides. I have had the Rizoma shift linkage come apart multiple times in multiple places. The last one I was riding home from the IMOC bike ralley and the screw/locknut that holds the shift linkage to the rearser came completely off and I could not change gears. I came to a stop and luckily I carry the old shifter with me, so I put than on and off I went.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :later:

Sorry, couldn't resist!! Like I said, I'd weld those fittings together if I were you!!! Talk about bad luck! Red loctite is your friend.

So, did my pipes sound good in the Merritt tunnel??? :moped:

·
Registered
798 Posts
airfuel said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :later:

Sorry, couldn't resist!! Like I said, I'd weld those fittings together if I were you!!! Talk about bad luck! Red loctite is your friend.

So, did my pipes sound good in the Merritt tunnel??? :moped:
:flickoff: I am going to try and find a replacement screw and locknut this weekend and pick up some of that loctite. Can I get that stuff and your average hardware store? I would hate to wait 2 months again for the replacement bits.

Yeah, I could tell you were hamming it up through that tunnel. I hope you saw me give you the thumbs up when we came out. They sounded great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up on the linkage,I fitted them last night,with loctite! still need a longer ride to judge the difference to stock but initial impression is positive, I hooked them up with the race pattern shift, still deciding if that was the right move, {old dog new tricks!}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts