MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question, and a story. First, the question:
When you're in the $500-$600 range for rearsets (Rizoma, Gilles, Sato), does the choice come down to looks? It looks like they're all adjustable, all lightweight, all with better grip that stock. Should I just pick the ones I think look sexiest or is there more to it than that?

And the story - Why I need new rearsets:
I was riding through the country today and from the forest on my left, a pitbull came running onto the road. I was doing around 80mph and swerved, but he kept coming. I hit him with the left side of the bike, and his face got hit by my left peg. It bent the entire rearset backwards and left a nice ding on my swingarm where the rearset hit it.

I pulled over, and the dog went running into the woods. I started after him, but he took off pretty quickly. I'm hoping he's ok, but if you have a pitbull and it looks like he got kicked in the face by a Sidi boot at 80mph - sorry about that.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I put Gilles on my F4 with race pattern and found they fowled the fairing requiring some mods to the fairing. Road pattern shouldn't be a problem. Pics in gallery.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Satos. No question. Somewhere in here is a picture of a gold set on my Tambo. The shifter can be easily modified to a GP pattern with them as well. I would not spend the $ for the fancy brake linkage set. Just use the stock brake lever.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Gilles are the most adjustable. Satos are the most Japanese

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gilles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went based on looks and bought the Satos (from Pirate's Lair - shoutout for that guy - he's super reliable)
I liked the heel guards on the Satos better than the Rizomas and the Gilles.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Personally as much as I love dogs, i would not care if the dog died in this situation. My main thing is that YOU are ok! That must have been some impact from the damage you described. It could have easily turned out very bad for the both of you if not for your quick thinking. WTH is a pitbull doing running around in the open like that?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received and mounted the Sato rearsets. Easy to install and they look awesome. I'll report back tomorrow with pics and my impression of them riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts