MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A question for those of you using Veloce L's out there.

I recently got myself a set and I've been trying to work out how to fit them while hiding the wiring for a few days now. The instructions aren't much help nor bike specific.

Can anybody provide some guidance of photos of their installation?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
It would be nice to know what model and year the bike is.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You need to take the front fairing off. Run the wires down the fairing stay and then tuck and strap the rest around the clock brackets.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@silentservice703 being in the F3 section it would seem obvious it's an F3, of which all have the same style mirror mountings
@Wildfire I feared this might be the case. Once they've been installed once are they easy enough to remove and reinstall for track days? Or is it a big job every time?

·
Registered
465 Posts
@silentservice703 being in the F3 section it would seem obvious it's an F3, of which all have the same style mirror mountings

@Wildfire I feared this might be the case. Once they've been installed once are they easy enough to remove and reinstall for track days? Or is it a big job every time?

I'm afraid they are pretty permenent, unless you can do something clever with the connectors. To remove you would have to unbolt the mirrors, unbolt the mounting brackets which are a pain to get right, disconnect the mirrors from the wires (you'll need some slim line connectors and a way to fish them out from the fairings) and then either use blanking plates or the mounts.

Or if you don't want to do something novel, take the front fairing off each time.

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Okey Dokey....the mountings may be similar F3 to F3...but the wiring is not. Even within the same model year things change; but, I guess you know that.:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::banghead:

Reactions: Black_Gold_Saw

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you don’t want to cut the wires off the bike you’ll also need to get hold of some of the square white connectors and make up some converter leads.

Either that or cut the bike wires and fit bullets.

I made up the converters.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have you installed your mirrors yet? How did it come out?

For easy removal at track days you can splice in the connectors that came with stock mirrors. Stagger them a bit so they fit between the cowl rail and cowl. Leave some slack so when you remove the mirrors they are easy to get too.

I needed both resistors that came with mirrors and hid them under the inside panels.

·
Registered
2018 brutale 800rr and 2018 f3 800
84 Posts
Ok, how did you guys get the front nose off? is it just the four allen srews? i can't really reach the bottom two. how did you get those bottom two back in? i have a set of veloce l's i'm trying to install without making a mess

1 - 10 of 10 Posts