MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Brutale 1000RR
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody,

Sorry if it has already been discussed, I tried my luck searching the forum but i can't seem to find an answer.

I'd like to fit some Rizoma leggera turn signals on the back of my Brutale 1000 RR (2022) while installing my Valter moto plate holder.
There is no indication on the Rizoma website for the compatibility with this model especially regarding the need to fit the resistor.

Eyelash Font Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Magenta

Those are quite big (had them on my FTR) and i can't imagine finding a nice place to tuck them without having to make a really long "harness" and even then i don't really know where to put them.

Office supplies Font Auto part Cable Wire

Does any one of you happen to have fitted them or know if they are needed for the electric signal specs from the B4 models ? They are noted as 12V, 1,4W but I would like for them to blink and normally...

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
544 Posts
Get prepared for the rabbit hole that your're about to jump down.
You can have no end of fun getting aftermarket indicators to play nice on the newer bikes.
Just adding resistors doesn't tend to be the fix.

I don't have same bike as you, but only way I managed to get rizoma indicators to flash right on my dragster was by a nice chap the other side of the planet making and posting me a gizmo to plug into the existing relay to ensure the correct flash rate.

He knocked up a few, not sure if he has any left, but will only work with a specific relay. I'll try and find picture of my relay so you can see if it's same as one on your bike. If it isn't the same I don't think it will work for you.

Wait one. Picture to follow...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Motor vehicle Fixture Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Needs to be this relay with number c2939 on it.
If different number then don't think solution I used will work for you.

If you do have same relay let me and I'll give you the guys details.

Rich

·
Registered
2022 Brutale 1000RR
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rich8,

Thank you for the time taken to guide me to a solution (y)
Found the topic that helped you through your profile

I'll have a look at the relay on my Brutale, with some luck they are the same. I don't think / I hope the screen does have to do with anything if the relay/electrical harness are the same.
Should have kept the rizoma I had on my FTR just to do a test run but i'm pretty set on changing them anyway to have a nice look combined with the slim plate holder so i guess it's another one down the rabbit hole :LOL:

Might do all of this later during the winter break but I will keep everybody posted In case someone want to do the same on the 1000RR

·
Registered
640 Posts
On my 2015 1090RR I fit the Rizoma mirrors with LED indicators and replaced my rear indicators with aftermarket LED.

No need for resistors for them to flash normally as they were replacing existing factory LED.

I assumed the resistors were for bikes with older filament style bulbs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, resistors fix older filament types. They have a noticeably larger draw which the resistors replicate.

But on the euro 4 bikes onwards there must have been some change made - mine also came with factory leds all round, but didn't mean aftermarket ones were simply plug and play unfortunately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what I did on my f3 to get LED blinkers work without installing any resistor:
Dunno if it’s the same on the brutale 1000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts