MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mirrors came today, and I know many of you love the CRG lanesplitters, BUT these are better! I can see, I can see!
The build quality is impeccable, and it was less than a five minute swap, with no permanent alteration, I could go back to stock in the same 5 min.

All I can say is NICE! :guitarist

Attachments

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.casoli.com.au

They have a large selection, these are one of the cheapest actually. It came to just under US$300 after shipping, but because the MV adapters were backordered in Italy, it took almost a month for me to get them, although once they got the adapters in it was only 3 days till I got them (in fact, due to the time change they arrived in LA, CA before they left AU :laughing: )

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Ahh...I see Carpimoto has a set....both adaptors and mirrors...but damn...$300 for a set of mirrors is a bit steep....

Definitly nice though...my god is that sexy...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, pricey but it's a safety issue primarily. They are completely adjustable and I can see the whole mirror without having to move my head.

Honestly, these are the mirrors that should have come with the bike.

And, yes, they do look very, very nice :king:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sweet! I had tried to become a Rizoma dealer, but everytime I tried to contact Azione, the sole distributor in the USA, I never got a response. The Rizoma stuff is top notch, nice choice! :guitarist

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now they are only slightly further out than stock, but angled appropriately. I just put them on and I may want to put them lower and further out--they are adjustable at EVERY connection, and you can position the mirror just about anywhere, i.e. you can rotate the stem lower to put the mirror further outboard.

Yeah, I contacted Azione and they said they could not get them at this time, but the transaction with Casoli was flawless, they deserve props for such seamless exporting.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
odonata said:
this one looks a bit too utilitarian, but that often is the compromise...
For $300...it shouldn't be :laughing:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I rode around today running some errands and fine tuning the mirror positions for best visibility, and now they are very low and further outboard, and really almost dissapear into the lines of the bike--very cool. I'll post an updated pic later.
But I want to reiterate that even though rizoma has some better looking models (one even actually looks stock), they are more expensive, and this was not primarily an aesthetic decision, but a safety issue and a question of function. I find it funny that people will spend hundreds on carbon fiber for purely appearances, and than balk at spending less than that on a pair of mirrors that actually improves the safety and function of the bike.

Oh, well, to each his own...

btw...I actually like the look of the stock mirrors, they are just useless.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Not balking at the Mirrors...I really dig them, and would buy some, I'm just a broke bastard. :laughing:

I think mainly it's cause it's mirrors, and people end up looking over thier shoulder anyways.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those look decent, and like they might very well be better than stock, but I wonder about a couple of things.

First of all, are the convex at all? The last billet mirrors I had (on a Falco 'Fighter) were almost totally flat...making them almost totally useless as they didn't provide a large enough field of view to see what was going on behind me.

Next, do these eliminate the vibration issues the stock mirrors have? My biggest problem w/ the stock mirrors isn't with the placement (as bad as it is I'm only 5'9" so can generally tuck in an elbow for a moment to get a full view), but with the blurry view at anything over 15mph. I hate not being able to tell if the rapidly vanishing car in my mirror is an officer of the revenue generation squad.

Finally, what I'd really like is a way to mount my billet Brembo radial masters AND mirrors in the stock location. Has anyone discovered a way to make this work? I would go w/ bar-end mirrors, but I commute through very dense traffic and the narrow handlebars are one of the big benefits of doing it on the Brutale. Bar ends mirrors would take away this advantage.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
giomanach said:
Those look decent, and like they might very well be better than stock, but I wonder about a couple of things.

First of all, are the convex at all? The last billet mirrors I had (on a Falco 'Fighter) were almost totally flat...making them almost totally useless as they didn't provide a large enough field of view to see what was going on behind me.

Next, do these eliminate the vibration issues the stock mirrors have? My biggest problem w/ the stock mirrors isn't with the placement (as bad as it is I'm only 5'9" so can generally tuck in an elbow for a moment to get a full view), but with the blurry view at anything over 15mph. I hate not being able to tell if the rapidly vanishing car in my mirror is an officer of the revenue generation squad.

Finally, what I'd really like is a way to mount my billet Brembo radial masters AND mirrors in the stock location. Has anyone discovered a way to make this work? I would go w/ bar-end mirrors, but I commute through very dense traffic and the narrow handlebars are one of the big benefits of doing it on the Brutale. Bar ends mirrors would take away this advantage.

Thanks!
I agree, I don't like the added width of bar-end mirrors, including the fact they make the bike look funky.
Yes the mirros are flat, and I want them that way, I have made all my bikes have flat mirrors, this reduces the "rapidly dissappearing" problem and gives a much more accurate and useful gauge for protecting myself from the rear and sides, the purpose of mirrors. I always do a headcheck when changing lanes or turning, but mirrors are used for keeping oneself aware of surrounding traffic, and eliminating blindspots as well as providing a rearward view.
As far as the vibration, I was amazed! Despite (or because they don't) not having the spring mounting of the stock set, they are rock solid at all speeds, up to and over 100mph.

But, about the Brembos, I have no idea, and probably won't ever, as I believe the stock setup is THE best possible brake for the road I have ever seen or imagened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
giomanach said:

Thanks!
I believe MotoCorse has what you're looking for. Call em for more info. Nothing available online...

ian

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
blitzkrieg said:
My bad. More info at Motorcorse.co.jp under the billet option.

Cheers

ian
Ian,

Thanks. I found the page at motocorse.jp, and finally found that part. I'm not certain it will work. They have it mounted to a forged piston, and mine are billet. It's probably safe to assume that they have the same bolt locations, but at $133 (I think that might be EACH) I'd better be darned sure. Good thing I've got a Japanese sister-in-law. I'll try to get her to call for me.

-Hunter

1 - 20 of 23 Posts