MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great improvement over the OEM mirrors on my Brutale 1078rr is the Rizoma Limit mirrors.

Great though they are I made a small improvement the enhances them greatly.

I machined a couple of 19mm x 20mm aluminium 'spacers/extenders'

(you cannot make them any longer than 20mm as part of the articulating mirror arm then hits against the throttle cable metal adjusters).

Anyway it's a very simple..., but effective improvement.
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks good. Now you just need to send them off to the anodizer if you want to be real picky

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Now you just need to send them off to the anodizer if you want to be real picky
All in hand:).....and I reduced the overall length to 18mm to avoid that 'clash' as mentioned above.
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nicely done Brian. I've got the same mirrors, but in silver. A great improvement over the wobbly glass originals! I'm now considering doing this to my Brutale.

Dave.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was going to do something similar but instead of making an extender piece I was going to make an extended pivot linkage.

How much of an improvement is the view from the mirrors?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nicely done Brian. I've got the same mirrors, but in silver. A great improvement over the wobbly glass originals! I'm now considering doing this to my Brutale.

Dave.
I was going to do something similar but instead of making an extender piece I was going to make an extended pivot linkage.

How much of an improvement is the view from the mirrors?
Go for it guys..., it 'IS' an improvement (not perfect)....., but it does project the mirrors 18mm (3/4") further out past where they were ........that is 18mm less of your elbows in vision:smoking:
And as they say about Tesco's...."every little helps":)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Brian

these extenders look perfect. What was the finished size ? 18mm long and 19mm overall ? how big hole ? M6? did you need a longer bolt?

thanks

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Brian

these extenders look perfect. What was the finished size ? 18mm long and 19mm overall ? how big hole ? M6? did you need a longer bolt?

thanks
Thanks Mark...,the finished size of those mirror extenders I made are..;

18mm long
19.5mm diameter
6mm hole.
M6 x 35mm bolt length (shank)

Hope this helps

Brian.:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Following on from @BG Wells mod I also added a spacer but increased the spacer length to 25mm on the 1090RR (good advice taken from @bogie).
Makes a world of difference. Can now see past my elbows without any issues at all.
Used
Spacer - 25mm length 20mm o/d M6 hole
Bolt - M6 45mm shank length

Attachments

Reactions: bogie
1 - 13 of 13 Posts