MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm a noob here and about to pick up an 05 Gladio here in Belgium, super excited! But hoping to get some guidance on an issue with the LED blinkers where it's always lite up yellow ( constant, not blinking) all four corners the minute battery is applied even with ignition in off.( it has rizoma up front and some integrated smoked tail light (unsure what brand thing))

the bike have been stored for almost 3 yrs, and owner mentioned it didn't have this issue before. the battery died during the time in storage, so he replaced it this week, the bike runs fine, just this weird light problem.

Any ideas? I am pretty set on buying it as I am mechanically enough to fix most issues, but just wanted some advice or comments from the cool folks on this forum.

I did some searching, didn't find exact issue posts, but definitely learned lots about spu problems...

thanks in advance,
herb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cookie, nah, it doesn't have a security system fitted..

For sure I will check if battery is indeed really new (and not just recharged). Then I think it's likely SPU

Any other ideas?

And for sure I will post some pics of the bike once I pick it up!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Pull the fuses one by one. Put a dab of di-lectric grease on them and put them back in. I had a similar problem with one blinker two years ago and after that it never returned. Not a guarantee but its pretty much a free shot that might work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks slammp, I will try that first! Arrangements made to pick up the bike this Saturday, super stoked!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got her fixed with a new SPU from ebay.it. price on these have gone up, paid 390€ shipped to BE. Hope this will help others with similar electrical problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts