MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Rizoma grips and was about to fit them when I noticed the throttle cable setup is different.

The closest looking attachment that came with the grips is the big one but it's a single cable.

So anyway I emailed the people I got them from and their response was:

"Dear customer, the exact same piece will not come out in the package to pull the cables, but you must use one supplied, which will replace the original one, please entrust the assembly to a specialized technician and will be sure to install the product correctly .
For more information I remain available. "

I did have a quick go with one of the ones they sent but it doesn't look like.its going to go.

I also did a Google search and there does appear to be an adaptor the same as my throttle tube out there.

Anyone been down this road can shed some light on this? Cheers(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yup.. had exactly the same problem .. after a lot of fiddling around, I decided not to mount the Rizoma grips ... They were a gift, so they are still in my workshop, waiting for another bike, where they might fit .. I think the adapter can be found, I never managed to find it ....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've found the exact same adaptor for £20 but I've been sold the grips for my year of bike so I kinda expect them to fit.

Edit: added the image of what I think is the correct adaptor.

Yup.. had exactly the same problem .. after a lot of fiddling around, I decided not to mount the Rizoma grips ... They were a gift, so they are still in my workshop, waiting for another bike, where they might fit .. I think the adapter can be found, I never managed to find it ....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,829 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way for those of us who would like to help to magically know what bike model and year you are modifying?
You know, like if that model and year would appear in your post at the bottom....sort of like a signature...

That being said, most MVs, use a pull-pull system for throttle application and return. I do not know about the fly-by-wire throttle, but, then again, I am not sure if that would apply to your Mystery Model and year.

If you do have the two cable system, the pictured adapter might work.

Reactions: theknurl

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way for those of us who would like to help to magically know what bike model and year you are modifying?
You know, like if that model and year would appear in your post at the bottom....sort of like a signature...

That being said, most MVs, use a pull-pull system for throttle application and return. I do not know about the fly-by-wire throttle, but, then again, I am not sure if that would apply to your Mystery Model and year.

If you do have the two cable system, the pictured adapter might work.
So once I skipped through your boring sarcasm that nobody needed to read, I finally got to the point. Yes, add it to my signature. :sneaky:

·
Super Moderator
22,829 Posts
So once I skipped through your boring sarcasm that nobody needed to read, I finally got to the point. Yes, add it to my signature. :sneaky:
Apparently, you didn't complete the process....:eek:

...perhaps next time, to save you from my boring rhetoric, i'll just let you founder.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone that has a similar situation, there is an adaptor out there: Rizoma Grip Adaptors

Unfortunately, it is not that cheap(taking into account of the grips) but its a fix.

if anyone finds a cheaper one then please post here. Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rizoma and cheap cannot be combined in the same sentence, They make good stuff, but it ain't cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Small update on this.

After the above didn't turn up I went to Rizoma direct. They gave me a part number and it looks exactly the same. I ordered the part.

The part has turned up and it does not fit. It's never going to fit and it cannot be modified to fit. £100 later the rizoma grips are off and the originals are back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well -- waddaya know ... thats exactly where I stranded as well .. :rolleyes::poop::devilish: My grips are now on my BMW Tracker build...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Same, no issues with the correct hardware when ordered from Rizoma directly. Granted, mine is a 2009 1078RR and maybe something broke in later model/hardware match?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the grips are now on. And it wasn't easy. The adaptor finally went on but when I put the housing on it was binding on the throttle body. So the only way I could get this to work was by putting the adaptor on half way of the grip, glueing it on and then putting it back on the bike. Solved the issue instantly. I now have my grips on and done.

I probably should have tool some images of the process but I was busy(and getting annoyed)

Attached a celebration picture.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts