MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Rizoma grips ? I just received the grips (natural/silver), matching bar ends with sliders, and MV adapter for the throttle/grip from PJ's Parts - I want to install them for my Christmas present to myself. If you have done this, is the throttle grip installation fairly easy or am I going to mess it up - I am mechanically oriented but I do not want to mess up the throttle cables on an MV as my dealer is a ways from my house (about 60 miles). Any advice ? It looks easy ???? Famous last words. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi there. I did this on my 750S last year, and there was no problem when you picked the correct throttle adapter. The only thing is that I find the barends (weigths) not heavy enough, wich can cause some wobble tendency (it looks nice, but I'm thinking of changing back to the original weights). The grips itselfs however, suits me just find. Good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completed the task with little trouble as I was sent the correct throttle adapter from PJ's. I did note the light-weight bar ends and I am concerned about increased vibration - I have a Matris 4R damper so I do not think wobble will be an issue. It is cold and raining here today so maybe I can ride tomorrow and test out the new set up. I do like the larger radius of the Rizoma grips and hopefully vibration will not be an issue. I will take some pics and post.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg: 1) I think they look killer. I always worry about adding aftermarket parts because I do not want to screw up the designer's original vision but in this case I think they look awesome and the total set-up from PJ's was only $100; 2) no increase in vibration or wobble - I have never really experienced the common vibration issue mentioned repeatedly in this forum except at high rpm/riding hard and with the useless mirrors; 3) yes, they are "harder" than the stock grips and I was concerned about comfort, but in my opinion they are much more comfortable riding than the stock grips even though I have ridden less than 100 miles since installation; plus, the throttle does not seem nearly as twitchy b/c I have greater control with the larger grips. Let me explain IMO why - the stock grips have a really small radius, which results in increased pressure on your palm despite the thicker padding (i.e this is a simple physics issue: decreasing surface area = increasing pressure/force). So, even though the Rizoma grips are considerably harder than the stock grips, because their radius is larger than stock, the pressure on your palms when riding is significantly less. In this manner, the Rizomas are truly much more comfortable for me as I have large hands and I hate small grips. In addition, the Rizoma grips are "tackier" in your hand. For me, the larger radius, better grip, etc. all equals much finer and better throttle control of the bike. I can actually dial in and maintain very subtle throttle differences with these grips. I know this all sounds like BS and I apologize for the extended review on some dumb grips but it is the best $100 I have spent upgrading any bike I have had, especially a bike that use to have a twitchy throttle problem apparently due to the rider's inability to master throttle control. When I ordered these it was purely for cosmetic reasons thinking I would be sacrificing comfort for looks, but I was wrong. Hope this helps and that you have not rolled your eyes three or four times while reading this review. I like these Rizoma grips so much I now need to order some $300 to $500 Rizoma mirrors to replace the elbow mirrors on my Brutale.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I like the grips. Thanks for the pics. Will look into maybe getting some later. I've got the exact same Brutale, it def. looks good.

100$ ain't bad.

The other one I was looking at was the MOMO ones. But these look a) better and b) better feel.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Greg, if I understand you correctly, you're worried about the clutch fully engaging before the lever hits the grip?

Just turn the adjuster knob so the lever moves outward, and the clutch will engage sooner. Of course, this will also require more of a reach to pull the lever, but it's shouldn't cause any problems.

I thought BMW's adjustment was similar?

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
fazer6 said:
Greg, if I understand you correctly, you're worried about the clutch fully engaging before the lever hits the grip?

Just turn the adjuster knob so the lever moves outward, and the clutch will engage sooner. Of course, this will also require more of a reach to pull the lever, but it's shouldn't cause any problems.

I thought BMW's adjustment was similar?
hmmmm
now i see my stupid error of mindset
because my BMW engages at the far END of travel..... adjusting the lever has NO effect on that egagement point.....

i was too dense to see that because the MV has the OPPOSITE "PROBLEM" that i can easily "change this engagement point" by adjusting the lever

sorry

man....
i might be getting dumber..... as if that is possible

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just to avoid anyone having a problem - if you order these from us, make sure you let us know that it's for an MV - there's a seperate adapter ($10) to make the connection to the cables..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts