MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 05 750S and was changing out my brake fluid. The rear brake reservoir is located under the seat and so I relocated it to the passenger peg area so I could always check the fluid level. As you know the stock res is just plastic and ugly, probably why its hidden away. I got to thinking Rizoma has some nice reservoirs with sight windows. Anyone replace their rear reservoir with these? Please post pics.

http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/ProdottiUniversal.cfm?ID_categoria=3&IDSez=1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since no one seems to have gotten one, i got this from PJ's parts. This reservoir is sweet, quality machine work. it comes with a nice chrome bracket which you really can't see here but i like it that way. I had to bend it 90 degrees and use an aluminum spacer to fit the bike. My leg never hits it in this position so I'm happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
:wtf: It's disgusting...
You guys, should buy a japanese or chinese :moped: bike and not damage the flawless look of an Mv Agusta...
They hidden the plastic thing, and so? I can not beleive that you need to check the fluid level once in a day...
:jerkoff:

·
Registered
218 Posts
personally I think that adds to the look of the bike. It is not too intrusive and not too flashy. I like it. Is that by chance the CT017A with the nipple on the bottom?

May have to look into this only I think I would go with the gold anodized so that it goes with the rest of the gold parts on the bike and the orange paint.

Who cares what anyone else thinks of YOUR bike. Its all about what you like... Others liking it is just an added bonus!

- Justin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it is the CT017A as pictured in the website link above. Let's face it, the reason why the stock reservoir is hidden is because it's too ugly to be seen. I agree with you Lorisse, most people don't need to check fluid everytime to ride, but I find brake fluid to be pretty important so I change mine every year. For those of you that work on their own brakes, this may be a pretty convenient solution compared to unbolting the stock res and risk fluid spilling all over the bike. It would be near impossible to bleed the brakes without moving the stock reservoir.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Takman, I do it by myself every year as well!!!
And is nothing like rocket science to change the fluid from the stock reservoir...
By the way, I agree that You need one or two hours in doing that, but I am used to all the services after dinner, prior go to bed in my garage. for three days, the bike is unavailable, but anyhow I am not one of the everyday riders.
Most of the times I use my bike in the weekend and ride for something like 500/600 km per week-end....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts