MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads maybe a stupid question,the Barends on my 989r don't have a threaded bolt for me to remove them they are just round.I have bought rizoma barend mirrors but can't figure how to get the Barends off.

·
Registered
408 Posts
are you sure , i've looked at my brutale ( whilst its a 1078) it has a allen head rebated in the end that expands an internal rubber bung, my f4 is the same, can't imagine the makers would have any different on the 989 but also can't imagine that you could miss the bolt head , but i'm wrong about things on a regular basis

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have been looking up other 989 and they all seem to have an Allen head but not mine.Maybe they are aftermarket clip ons put there by the previous owner and my Aprilia RSV Factory has the Allen head type.I need to figure this out as the Rizoma mirrors are stunning but not in the box.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
From the manual on Donsy's Site:

B4 989 Handlebar.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's only one problem with the diagram mine does not have an bolt on the bar end.i don't know why but it's just a round end,i will post a picture.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Then, as you surmise, you have some other bar ends.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to stop the shame coming through as I post this.It turned out that's it's a cap and guess what just pulls out.All I can say is you learn something new everyday,oh and I still can't fit the Rizoma barend mirrors as the adaptor I received is the wrong size so now I have to wait for the new adaptor.Eventually these mirrors will be on.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now now I hope your not making any geography illicit remarks.If I remember rightly our level of education is higher than a certain country of domicile very close to mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adaptors finally arrived with the mirrors,the Rizoma barend mirrors are pure quality.I will post some pics when i put them on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts