MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf:just in case any body orders the rizoma bar ends, the red anodized ones which look great by the way, BUT when i came to ride my bike this morning the throttle was sticking, there don't seem enough clearance of the throttle leaving it jammed open which was a bit scary at a junction, so what I'm trying to say it check the throttle moves freely, I've added an extra washer, slightly bigger, I've got plenty of washers spare if any body needs them. just might avoid that scary moment.:shitfan:

·
Registered
720 Posts
???
I have had these for almost three years now and had any probs in functionning....the only negative point is their weight..not heavy enought

Mike

Attachments

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
The trick is to not push them in all the way. If you push them all the way in, just bring it out slightly and tighten.

The throttle should snap back freely if you test it out before you go riding
I've had them for a while and it they work great :conveyer:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they look great with the grips as well, mine are slightly different to yours a bit longer, and the washer don't fill the recess propely, and different colour, deeeper red, perhaps they have changed them, o.k. now yes your right i should have checked throttle worked o.k. but changed loads of bar ends never has this problem:violin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
they look great with the grips as well, mine are slightly different to yours a bit longer, and the washer don't fill the recess propely, and different colour, deeeper red, perhaps they have changed them, o.k. now yes your right i should have checked throttle worked o.k. but changed loads of bar ends never has this problem:violin:
I found that having just small amount of interferance was good as it made the throtle less jumpy on bumpy roads

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I found that even my motovation weighted bar ends managed to work their way closer to the throttle over many months till eventually they held the throttle open on their own. Just pull them out enough for some freeplay.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I really like these grips. I just can't seem to decided between red or silver. I have a 2005 brutale red and silver. I'm not sure if the red would look odd with the other reds on the bike. If anyone has a picture of either one on a red and silver bike please post a picture.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw the same red grips on a local 2006 910S in Red/Black and they look great. The red is a very good match for that color combo. He rarely posts here as "joecool" but you may be able to ask him for some pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
???
I have had these for almost three years now and had any probs in functionning....the only negative point is their weight..not heavy enought

Mike
That's a great picture Mike... Could you send us the fullsize one for the catalog?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts