MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
The points awarding is a little baffling. And 85 miles is a little disconcerting, but as long as you know that, you can plan for it. Overall it sounds like the Rivale is a more fun and compelling ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
They mentioned they got a consistent 31 mpg on the Rivale in normal riding which has a 3.4 gallon tank. My math says 31x3.4=105.4

Perhaps they didn't fill up the tank or somebody reset the trip odometer late, or they rode the hell out of it for 80 miles and got 23.5 mpg.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did say that they were riding it hard for that particular tank of gas. Still, 31mpg is very poor. Not sure why it would be that low. I get 38-42mpg on average and I run pretty hard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ride mine hard all th etime in sport mode only... the light comes on at about 90 and I have ran it for an additional 30 miles. So no issues. BTW the Rivale is way quicker than the SP I have ridden both and that is why I picke the Rivale over the Duc.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
ride mine hard all th etime in sport mode only... the light comes on at about 90 and I have ran it for an additional 30 miles. So no issues. BTW the Rivale is way quicker than the SP I have ridden both and that is why I picke the Rivale over the Duc.
90+30 is plenty for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
90+30 is plenty for me.
dont get me wrong when I pulled in I put in almost the entire 3.4 gallons :yo:

I think ethanol has a huge impact on MPGs as well. Up at the Gap last year we found a place just at the end of Blood Mountain, a mom and pop gas station that sold non ehtanol gas. I filled my Ape up and got an extra 12 miles before the light came on with teh RSV. :f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Ethanol has less energy than gasoline, therefore less fuel mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like the Rivale... But I owned the air cooled Hypermotard and it had a similar range. It is a deal breaker.

May not seem like that big of a deal but when you are in the sticks it sucks to have to stop for gas with only 60miles because you know you may not see another station for a while, or to constantly plan your stops, and biggest PITA of all is being "that guy" when riding with other people.

A bike needs to be able to comfortably make it +120miles without being in eco-mode or else it is a real nuisance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts