MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,

i need your help.

I have my left rear light that when star the motorcycle the led are O.K.. when I start with the bike, as I brake the LEDs lose intensity.

I presume that the problem both on the electric circuit board before the series of LEDs in the headlight.

Who knows the electrical circuit on the board before the series of LEDs in the headlight?

Regards all.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hello & welcome

Unfortunately I am unable to offer assistance. However there are plenty on here who can.

·
Administrator
20,544 Posts
Welcome to the family @DARIO1997 !!!Please introduce yourself with a post in the "New Members" section.

Have you got the workshop manual ? I think you may have a poor ground connection on your lights. How old is your bike (age and km)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Probably a bit of an old post to reply on but I've recently had a similar problem and was able to fix it
I had the issue where 1 of the 2 banks of 2 led's were dull/flickering

To resolve the problem I took the light off the bike, and very gently got it apart (they aren't sealed particularly well) then dismantled the insides to find all the led's, its not complex inside with the 6 led's being wired 2 banks of 3 and back to a power distribution board.

I plugged into the bike and tested each LED in turn, found one that was showing abnormally high voltage across it, so unsoldered it from the little board its attached to and replaced it with some i got off AliExpress, tested and reassembled, all working as expected so i used a little silicon based glue to seal the light back up and reinstalled all working again.

This is the 2nd light I've had do something weird that was simply down to a single faulty led, worth investigating!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably a bit of an old post to reply on but I've recently had a similar problem and was able to fix it
I had the issue where 1 of the 2 banks of 2 led's were dull/flickering

To resolve the problem I took the light off the bike, and very gently got it apart (they aren't sealed particularly well) then dismantled the insides to find all the led's, its not complex inside with the 6 led's being wired 2 banks of 3 and back to a power distribution board.

I plugged into the bike and tested each LED in turn, found one that was showing abnormally high voltage across it, so unsoldered it from the little board its attached to and replaced it with some i got off AliExpress, tested and reassembled, all working as expected so i used a little silicon based glue to seal the light back up and reinstalled all working again.

This is the 2nd light I've had do something weird that was simply down to a single faulty led, worth investigating!
Yes, a relatively easy fix even for those not mechanically minded and worth doing just to properly seal the lights against moisture (which probably causes the issue in the first place).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts