MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i just bought Rivale in used last week and i got problem with start the bike all the time

so the bike can start only 1 time 2nd time is hard to start and 3rd until battery death i cant start the engine

so i check battery this is the one i got now

https://www.denniskirk.com/parts-unlimited/agm-maintenance-free-12-volt-battery-21130090.p209041.prd/209041.sku

is it bad battery not enough power to start the bike? 1 guy told me i have to get the 12V battery but idk what V on that battery

please help

·
Registered
100 Posts
this one i should get?

idk how many V on my battery now

Yes.
The most important is battery format Z10S. From your first post it looks like you have wrong battery format.
Voltage you should check using multimeter and if you do not have one then ask some electrician.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.
The most important is battery format Z10S. From your first post it looks like you have wrong battery format.
Voltage you should check using multimeter and if you do not have one then ask some electrician.
u can check that link,its my battery on the bike now so

·
Registered
100 Posts
u can check that link,its my battery on the bike now so

As I wrote correct battery format is Z10S for your bike. If you have different might be that charging capacity is not enough.

Please try to find your bike on fitment list from your link if you think that I’m wrong.

Check the voltage on moto and come back with values then somebody will try to help you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As I wrote correct battery format is Z10S for your bike. If you have different might be that charging capacity is not enough.

Please try to find your bike on fitment list from your link if you think that I’m wrong.

Check the voltage on moto and come back with values then somebody will try to help you.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yuasa-ytz10s-factory-activated-agm-high-performance-battery?kclid=08e18c81-6f7c-4404-b090-a15c3bac90b8&gclid=CjwKCAiAl7PgBRBWEiwAzFhmmtiKqGlB5IkiPTyjrmGxxCB5aPJRMPx5qvFezxXlcjSEPDLbgAcNbhoC-JgQAvD_BwE

this one is the one for MV Agusta?

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
The YT12B battery you have is the correct voltage and has plenty of capacity, but it is not the correct size. Not sure how you got it installed.

The YTZ is a factory activated battery shipped with acid already filled, the YTB is activated at point of sale by adding the acid.

The 10 and 12 refer to capacity. Theoretically the YT12B is stronger than the YTZ10...but it is larger and weighs more.

Also, the non-Yuasa (Parts Unlimited or Bikers Choice etc) generic brand batteries do not have a great reputation for quality. I wouldn't buy anything but a Yuasa in lead/acid batteries.

You should read 13 volts across the battery terminals if it is fully charged and healthy. The voltage should remain above 9 volts while cranking the engine.

The voltage at the battery should be from 14 to 15 volts when the engine is running (charging system working).

The sprag in the starter system is susceptible to failing with a weak battery. Once it slips during starting the engine will not start. Lot's of threads on this subject.

The YTZ10 battery is used in most Japanese sport bikes now. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki,Kawasaki ... shop around at your local dealers. You may find one for a much better price than that $178 web link. Make sure it is fresh and reads 13.5 volts when you pick it up.

Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The YT12B battery you have is the correct voltage and has plenty of capacity, but it is not the correct size. Not sure how you got it installed.

The YTZ is a factory activated battery shipped with acid already filled, the YTB is activated at point of sale by adding the acid.

The 10 and 12 refer to capacity. Theoretically the YT12B is stronger than the YTZ10...but it is larger and weighs more.

Also, the non-Yuasa (Parts Unlimited or Bikers Choice etc) generic brand batteries do not have a great reputation for quality. I wouldn't buy anything but a Yuasa in lead/acid batteries.

You should read 13 volts across the battery terminals if it is fully charged and healthy. The voltage should remain above 9 volts while cranking the engine.

The voltage at the battery should be from 14 to 15 volts when the engine is running (charging system working).

The sprag in the starter system is susceptible to failing with a weak battery. Once it slips during starting the engine will not start. Lot's of threads on this subject.

The YTZ10 battery is used in most Japanese sport bikes now. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki,Kawasaki ... shop around at your local dealers. You may find one for a much better price than that $178 web link. Make sure it is fresh and reads 13.5 volts when you pick it up.
yeah idk why the dealer sold me this bike with that battery....

so what battery i should get for MV?

can u see this one? https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/motorcycle/mv-agusta/rivale-800/800cc/2013

this battery in local

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
Any quality YTZ10S

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
yeah idk why the dealer sold me this bike with that battery....

so what battery i should get for MV?

can u see this one? https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/motorcycle/mv-agusta/rivale-800/800cc/2013

this battery in local
That is a generic brand YTZ10....so yes, it is the correct battery....but of suspect quality. May be good...may not last long at all.

I would pay the cost for the known standard of the battery industry, the Yuasa. And keep it on a "Smart" battery tender. I prefer the Noco Genius 1100...Optimates are good, too.

Reactions: Bape47

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is a generic brand YTZ10....so yes, it is the correct battery....but of suspect quality. May be good...may not last long at all.

I would pay the cost for the known standard of the battery industry, the Yuasa. And keep it on a "Smart" battery tender. I prefer the Noco Genius 1100...Optimates are good, too.
oh ok yeah i bought it yesterday already,will install it today,its ok just want to test first they have 1 year warranty

1 - 20 of 51 Posts