MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Donsy - It's lovely to read such positive reviews. Tor at motorcycle.com absolutely loved it!
That 34.7 seat height it to high for my legs :( I have heard in one review (MCN i think) mention that there will be a lower seat available but I can find nothing about it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha, no worries Roger.
The height is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to riding the Rivale, I rode a B3 800 today, great bike, but the old R/H knee knows all about it. It doid not take away from how well that thing pull's, crikey.
It's actually a bit strange, as I feel I had better legroom on the F3's 675's I've ridden ?
Not sure I will ever buy a Rivale, might end up in jail far too soon, but I might start practising this "self control" thing I've heard people mention.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Crash 2 much has a lowering kit available for the B800, it might work on the Rivale as well.

jimboF4

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
That 34.7 seat height it to high for my legs
I look at these big motards (Rivale, Hypermotard, Duodorso) as a blend between a Supermotard and a naked street bike. As such, I would expect to have to adjust my riding / stopping style to the seat height.

I had a street-legal Husky Enduro with a 38.6" seat height. When coming to a stop, you slide your butt off the seat to one side so that the middle of one thigh is on the seat and your butt is completely off the seat. In doing so, you should be able to reach the ground with one foot.

If you feel you can get over the concept of having to have your butt on the seat when your foot is on the ground, the Rivale may be worth a look.

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Definitely worth the watch...so, what helmet is that guy wearing?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Motorcyclist Magazine Review: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_mv_agusta_rivale_800_first_ride/

Keep in mind when reading this that Catterson is about 6'3" and weighs probably 220+ lbs.

"My only real complaint has to do with the stock fork settings. More spring preload (if not stiffer springs) is needed to keep the chassis from pitching forward under braking and hindering corner entries. Increasing compression via the fork-top clicker (on one leg; the other controls rebound) helped but didn't resolve the issue."

·
Registered
419 Posts
Check out one of the photos from Motorcyclist...

Motorcyclist Magazine Review: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_mv_agusta_rivale_800_first_ride/

Keep in mind when reading this that Catterson is about 6'3" and weighs probably 220+ lbs.

"My only real complaint has to do with the stock fork settings. More spring preload (if not stiffer springs) is needed to keep the chassis from pitching forward under braking and hindering corner entries. Increasing compression via the fork-top clicker (on one leg; the other controls rebound) helped but didn't resolve the issue."
Interesting photo in the review (see below). It shows a black handle bar clamp (I think they are silver - at least on MV Agusta's site they are) and there are "normal mount" mirrors (what's visible is nice looking, too).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting photo in the review (see below). It shows a black handle bar clamp (I think they are silver - at least on MV Agusta's site they are) and there are "normal mount" mirrors (what's visible is nice looking, too).
Custom parts mate, there's already quite a bit available as far as aftermarket parts go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts