MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Help! Only two weeks old and lights are faulty! :cry:

Today i found that my back and brake lights have a problem.

the top three or four led's dont light up either with or without applying the brake. As you know, this is a new bike, so I am going to assume that these weren't working since i got it. if I get close to these LED's, I notice they have a very dim light in them (very hard to notice) and its flickering.

some questions:

1- Is each one of these a separate LED and can be replaced separately?
2- how do i get to them?
2- Could be a wire or a fuse? if yes, which wire or fuse should i trace or locate?

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You dont need to do anything.... just go to your dealer you still got warranty....
Well. I prefer to do it myself because my dealer is rubbish.
if i will find what the problem is, get the parts from them under warranty and fix it myself

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
To be honest I would have thought it's a sealed unit and your dealer would just order a new one so that would be my first point if call, if you don't trust them to fit it then fine but I would just get them to order a new one?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Man that sux. Guess I need to look at my lights - I've never noticed whether all the LEDs were firing or not. Let us know what you figure out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys

I dismantled the light and put it back together which seems to have fixed the problem. Must have been lose connection or wiring somewhere. I didn't take the actual light and the bulbs apart. There were some screws but since the lights came on I didn't have to. So I am not sure if the light is one unit or separate bulbs. :stickpoke

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm from Minnesota USA and my Rivale display says malfunction check tail light the first time I removed and reassembled the connection to the lights. This is a chronic problem for this bike and I'm still waiting for a new lights from MV warranty now over 3 months. Its a good thing they put 2 lights on the bike.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My new Rivale did this today. Right at 250 miles on the odometer. The right side lights up, but no brake lights. The left side works fine. Now I have the malfunction warning on the dash. Just wonderful.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just noticed that the lights on the right side strobe 4 times at startup, then the bike goes into the "malfunction". Is the strobe normal? The bike runs fine, just have brake lights on the left side only. The right side looks normal while running otherwise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same issue on my Rivale which I only took delivery of last Saturday. Intermittent malfunction warning about stop lights with only the left hand brake lights working. Not the end of the world but disappointing on an expensive bike which has now only covered 100 miles. I will be calling the dealer in the morning!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting the "malfunction tail lights" fault, but as far as I can tell all the lights on the bike are working fine. Planning to drop it off today at the dealer.

BTW, I notice that on the rear turn signal the top portion of the light never turns on. Both sides are the same. Is that normal?

2014 Rivale, 1000 miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I took the bike to the dealer a while back to get the fault light fixed. He looked at the turn signals (top three of the 6 LEDs not lighting on either signal) and decided that must be the problem. Changed them out and I picked up the bike a week and a half later. Two miles from the shop the fault light came back on, so I turned around and left it there again. Next day he says the left brake/tail light is intermittent and that is the real problem. Another week for parts, more time to wait for the rain to stop so they can test ride it this time....

Anyway, got the bike back yesterday. No fault light, everything working fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts