MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet rivale with 2000 km has started to give me an headache starting after a few days it didn't start at all and gave me the phase sensor error. Sent bike to dealer and after 1 month the bike stills there.

Did any of you guys had the same problem? How did you sorted out?

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1404819162.393555.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, interesting. Haven't heard of that one yet. The big one here was the bleed air screws but MV found a fix for it here. But these US models are new this year. Let us know what your dealer comes up with for a fix. Good Luck

Robb

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have that issue with my previous Brutale 800 2013 model. That happen when my radiator crack and the coolant was empty I believe. Off the engine and restart again, it still can go, but the warning sign will come back again. After refill the coolant, no more issue like that. Weird...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If the bike will not start I suggest it is the starter sprag clutch that has failed, it has happened twice on my B800. The phase sensor message is being thrown up in error by a confused ECU, same to mine.

I suggest your dealer pulls the sprag clutch, replaces it and I believe it will be sorted.

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The bike starts randomly.
But it fails to start many times.

Yes so did mine, till eventually it does not start at all. Been through this twice on my B800, the same symptoms, the same reason, a failing starter sprag clutch. I am not the only one, this is a known fault.

jimboF4

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is a known issue, your dealer needs to look into starter sprag failure. MV has redesigned a new one fixing the problem. It appears that over time a bit of play comes into the old design which throws off the timing of the firing of the engine. There is no reason for your dealer to not have figured this out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this a 2014 Rivale? What country are you in? Let us know what they figured out. Hope they fix it soon. I'd be really bummed if that happened to mine.

Robb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a starter sprag chance bike is now finally fixed, hope it last for long now. Dealer made everything under warranty and no charges at all. Plus I got a new batterie, new spark plugs, new fuel filters, new fuel pump, new injectors and new ecu map downloaded. Thanks a lot for all the replies on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'am a proud owner of a rivale.I have exactly the same problen with yous 3 days ago.My dealer told my that is a starter sprag error.The Mv has locate the problem and replace the starter sprag with a new improved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kkkk just had the problem fixed last week and the bike is now starting to do it again. Talked to dealer and told me that there are new parts on the way to Luanda and he will change the starter sprang as son as he gets them.

Anyway I still love the bike and will keep rinding it like I stole it.

It's a great bike ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1405851878.702285.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had my Dragster done under 3000Kms

Because of your fantastic posts I was able to send the link to
this forum ahead of time so that my New Zealand Dealer was prepared.
All done under Warranty and everything going great so far.
Exactly the same as descriptions of Hard starting and the "Display" message as mentioned by MV owners here.
Fantastic service from my Wellington MV service dealer.
Well done to Robbie and Vicki.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know if the dealer will change out the sprag clutch out of warranty because it is a known issue?? My bike started doing it so I changed out the battery (which was a miserable hell in itself), and now I'm getting the "STOP ENG PHASE SENSOR" error message also...

·
Registered
62 Posts
My son has a 2013 B3 800 which is 1 month out of warranty, and MV is going to replace the sprag clutch under warranty.
This is going to be the second one replaced, the bike has got 8000 km on it. 1st one was done about 3500 km ago.
This is in Australia

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, Aircondy. i'm going to give MV a call tomorrow and see what they can do - i live in Hawaii so i don't know what my options are going to be. i just hope the final option isn't to change out the sprag clutch myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts