MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i am a newbie to this forum. I have just purchased the 2014 Dragster 800 and waiting for its arrival.

However in the meantime, a friend of mine has also just got his Rivale and is having some issues. Once he reached the 1,500 mark. His bike started bogging down at 8,000 rpm. We checked the diagnostic and doesnt show any errors. Would could possibly be wrong. He cant go passed the 8000 rpm range.

We live in Tanzania ) Africa, hence no MV dealers. Any help would be helpfull.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donsy, thank for your reply. He has already done his first service. Bike ran fine even after service, just since last week the bike has been bogging.

We have the Texa diagnostic machine which Mv are using and has also just purchased the IDC4 software. I think that software also reads and downloads the new maps, but will need to verify. Otherwise we will need to purchase the maps online or ask the dealers we purchased the bikes from to sell us the updates.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he checked all the maps and doesnt show that a limiter is on.

However if the limiter is on. Should it bog the bike down like that? as if its cutting the power and gonna switch off but doesnt.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I switched mine on once, nearly crashed the thing. The revs just bogged down, nearly stalled, then launched me off down the road again and proceeded to repeat the process until I stopped and got off! Never touching that button again......Ever!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He mentioned he had played with the custom map settings but hasn't been able to figure out what he did and if that was the cause of the engine bogging down.

He set his custom map to max rpm speed, not sure if something wrong was done there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
He mentioned he had played with the custom map settings but hasn't been able to figure out what he did and if that was the cause of the engine bogging down.

He set his custom map to max rpm speed, not sure if something wrong was done there.
Troubleshooting this is easy. Just switch it back to normal or sport and see if it does it again. If it doesn't, then it's clearly the fault of his custom map.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Showed this thread to my friend. He mentioned when he first started having this issue he was able to get the bike to 150kmh. Now he can only make it go 120 kmh. He hasnt played with the map ever since the issue started.

Could this be due to a plugged fuel filter or a mapping issue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did he ever work out what this was? Mine has just started doing this tonight on the way home, almost bucked me off a couple of times!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you can rule out mapping or limiter, check air filter is clear. Had this prob on a bike once and found half a pair of shorts had found their way into the air filter. I had stowed the shorts under the seat and forgot about them a while before. Symptoms were bike ran fine up to 7000 revs then bike was unable to suck enough air through so bogged down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's hilarious and sounds exactly like something that would happen to me! Air filter is clean and we don't have the speed limiter option on the Australian Bikes. I'm hoping it's just a bad batch of fuel, bike got rained on too, maybe water has found it's way into the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts