MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A true gentleman and MV enthusiast; will be sadly missed; will also be interesting to see what happens with his amazing collection :jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
What a loss. Did anyone do more than Mr. Elli to rescue and preserve the MV heritage?
And all with his own hard-earned cash.

Seeing a lineup of red and silver MV factory racers in the flesh, or even watching them howl past on a demonstration run, is something I will never ever forget.

Here's hoping that Elli's unmatched collection is kept together and continues to appear before the public..
Even just to help sales of modern bikes, I can't think of more effective marketing tool: it's an instant education in what makes MVs so special.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Vale Mr. Elli

Amazing man, passion personified. I've had photo of him on the wall of my home office for the last 15 years, it's Ago during 1999 visit signing my helmet and Mr. Elli watching on - I always thought a great photo.....hard to explain.

RIP Sig. Elli.

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a loss. Did anyone do more than Mr. Elli to rescue and preserve the MV heritage?
And all with his own hard-earned cash.

Seeing a lineup of red and silver MV factory racers in the flesh, or even watching them howl past on a demonstration run, is something I will never ever forget.

Here's hoping that Elli's unmatched collection is kept together and continues to appear before the public..
Even just to help sales of modern bikes, I can't think of more effective marketing tool: it's an instant education in what makes MVs so special.
Very well said R :):):):):jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing man, passion personified. I've had photo of him on the wall of my home office for the last 15 years, it's Ago during 1999 visit signing my helmet and Mr. Elli watching on - I always thought a great photo.....hard to explain.

RIP Sig. Elli.
Here a few more pics from the 2003 visit; Carol still has two pairs of beautiful silk stockings Mr Elli gave her; this was his business outside of his passion for MV :jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
JSM, have read that Elli's collection, in respect to his wishes, won't be broken up and sold off.
Instead it will kept together and maintained by his widow and children. :)

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JSM, have read that Elli's collection, in respect to his wishes, won't be broken up and sold off.
Instead it will kept together and maintained by his widow and children. :)
Hey RB; thanks for posting and lets hope this will be the case..........:):jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not know the man but read about him.A great MV person R.I.P
P,
The challenge for contemporary / present day MV Agusta is to connect the success of the past with the present day and future state aspirations of the brand; On the historical front, there have been a number of dedicated individuals including Mr Elli who have flown the old school flag over many years however it will be a challenge for the new (and I assume younger) custodians of the older bikes to continue the legacy.................. :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts