MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Died this morning of apparent suicide, Robin Williams was a comedian that I loved from the time I was a child and watching Mork and Mindy. A superstar and comedic genius.

Nanu nanu Robin Williams.

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
R.i.p Robin Williams , I'm glad I got to see your stand up performance last time you were here.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Truely a sad loss. So sad that a man who brought so much laughter and happiness to so many people, couldn't find any in himself. If you haven't seen it already, his live on broadway (the original) is a show to watch.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I just heard on the radio that he hung himself.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
And slit his wrist also.

I'm really not that surprised. Seems like alot of these comediennes have a dark side and are not that happy in real life.

At any rate, RIP Mr. Williams.
He was so much more than just a comedian though. He had been barreling alcohol and cocaine addiction for years.....they say. A sad situation any way you cut it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I love the guy, I don't care what the fuck he did alcohol or Cocaine, but whenever I turned on movie or his show, this man know how to make me and my family laugh........RIP RW

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Another sad loss of someone who on the outside 'Appeared' to have it all in this world..... but peace and contentment he could not find.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
He was tormented by an illness no one will ever truly understand. My good friends father did the exact same thing his mother found him when she came home from getting his morning paper. Robin Williams was everybody's favourite and now he has found his own peace. They say it takes great courage to take your own life, he must have been one hell of a courageous man. Sad loss my thoughts go out to his family and friends who are left behind.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Cowardly or courageous I don't have an opinion. Out here there was a brief debate in the news about this metal net they want to put under the golden gate to save jumpers. An interview at the time had a guy that survived the fall and the water. I found what he said very interesting and thought provoking.

He said when he was on the bridge and hanging on before he jumped all he could think about was how much he wanted to die but as soon as he let go all he wanted to do was live. He spent the entire fall figuring out everything he could do to make sure he survived. He said it was like a light switch every part of his being wanted to live.

I wonder how many successful suicides spent their last moments wanting to live.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's not about courage or cowardice it's about mental illness.

Suicide is not a rational act, framing it in terms of cowardice is damaging to suffers of depression. This is a tragic disease that affects many people it's not a cowards issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts