1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok
hi guys
need a bit of advice just coming upto 1st service
and i've noticed due to my riding style the inside of my left boot has scratched off the matt black on the swing arm edge anyone else had this
i'm conciously trying to keep my heel out a bit more as not to scratch it but then my foot feels lik its gonna come of the peg
i ride with my toes on the peg as that gives more feedback for me i'm only a uk 10
would putting rearsets on that are more adjustable solve this problem
do they move your feet apart more so to speak

any comments appreciated and tips cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mine is the same. Currently I just run over it with a matt black paint pen, but I'm going to wait until I eventually re-spray the whole bike and get it done properly, because otherwise it is just going to continue to happen.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I got a pair fo Sidi boots and they have the really hard plastic heel part of the boot. These boots marks the heel protectors and sometime the swing arm.

I use a thin rubber foam 1-2mm thick strips which has a double sided tape/glue on one side and stick them on the boots where it makes contact.

The rubber foam is not noticable on the boots and does not mark the swingarm and scratch heel plates.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I mounted the carbon fiber sideplate covers on my bike for that exact reason. I was rubbing finish off the sideplates, though, not the swingarm. They were about 200.00 for the pair, ez to mount, and look good, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts