MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a HD jacket about a year ago, it's one I'd been in love with for years, and I checked the HD site one day and they no longer had it, so I searched ebay and bought one. I actually saved 6 or so hundred off the dealer price, and had it arrive in two days. A couple of days later the guy I bought it off emailed me that they didn't have any in my size and refunded my money, which was now 18 bucks less due to exchange rate differences between when I paid and when the money came back. So in the end I had the jacket and lost out 18 dollars.

Anyway, this jacket is a flaming HD jacket, it has flames on it, and it's also flaming in the same way that you can have flaming homosexuals, there's no way you'll miss that it's HD. That's because it has a big eagle on the back, made of flames, with Ride Free - Harley Davidson written around it.

Now should I feel like an idiot / embarressed riding a Honda or Yamaha or an MV, etc with this jacket on? I do like HD, I just feel like I would get comments about the bike not being a Harley or that Harleys suck, etc because I'm wearing a HD jacket but riding a non-HD.

I wouldn't mind getting a textile jacket though, it may fit better and feel better in the heat, I just don't want to not use the jacket until I get a HD, which may be 10 or more years off, and the jacket may not fit then anyway.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Firepath said:
I bought a HD jacket about a year ago, it's one I'd been in love with for years, and I checked the HD site one day and they no longer had it, so I searched ebay and bought one. I actually saved 6 or so hundred off the dealer price, and had it arrive in two days. A couple of days later the guy I bought it off emailed me that they didn't have any in my size and refunded my money, which was now 18 bucks less due to exchange rate differences between when I paid and when the money came back. So in the end I had the jacket and lost out 18 dollars.

Anyway, this jacket is a flaming HD jacket, it has flames on it, and it's also flaming in the same way that you can have flaming homosexuals, there's no way you'll miss that it's HD. That's because it has a big eagle on the back, made of flames, with Ride Free - Harley Davidson written around it.

Now should I feel like an idiot / embarressed riding a Honda or Yamaha or an MV, etc with this jacket on? I do like HD, I just feel like I would get comments about the bike not being a Harley or that Harleys suck, etc because I'm wearing a HD jacket but riding a non-HD.

I wouldn't mind getting a textile jacket though, it may fit better and feel better in the heat, I just don't want to not use the jacket until I get a HD, which may be 10 or more years off, and the jacket may not fit then anyway.
Didn't you just answer your own question? :stickpoke

Just kidding....wear what you want! Although Pete would strongly disagree...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just don't ride next to me if you've got it on... :stickpoke :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
outtadaloop said:
Didn't you just answer your own question? :stickpoke
I didn't reply properly to your posts before, I was being lazy, but you know, when I wrote the Ride Free portion of what you highlighted I thought "maybe someone will comment on that, about it being the answer I need." So you are right in saying that.

I guess if someone wants to say something I can take solice in being above than all that diehard brand loyalty. I can respect different machines for their different purposes, and I like to find out about it before I form an opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts