MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last weekend my mate and I planned a trip around the Ardennen, Eifel in Germany and Luxemburg. We had nice weather and did about 1000 km's. For this trip I bought a Famsa tankbag and it's brilliant! It's big enought for a weekend trip and small enough not to be a pain in the *ss. If you secure the base plate tight enough it doesn't move around at all. I bought it from bikersandmore.de since this is the only shop around the north of Europe who sells these bags. Excellent service and a decent price, I can recommend them to anyone! Here's also a pic of me in the countryside of Belgium. (uploading didn't work so a link...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5783058302/

gr. Vulles

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
How did you find riding with the tank bag? - They've always looked like they get in the way (IMO), I'd much prefer a 'tail-bag' ...but interested in your feedback.

Nice trip - I've done a similar loop...but that was on a Harley :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The Ardennes is a beautiful somewhat underestimated region. I used to work for a company based in Liege, it was great to get out and about in the surrounding countryside when I was over there visiting head office

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
tank bags?

Tim;
i like tank bags especially for long trips, you can lean on them

I did Heidelberg to near Zurich a couple times a week.....boring as fuck, 2 1/2 hours flat out...

the rain suit was strapped on the back.....and got used alot LOLOL

except the last 2 km.....our test road:naughty::naughty::naughty:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@cruiser, I liked the Famsa very much. Never got in the way, not even in the extended way. Here's another picture with it extendend. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5789490736/ Only problem was that it blocked half of my display. Sometimes I use a backpack but after an hour drive it stinks like hell from the exhaust, that's why I decided to use a tankbag instead.

@John, the Ardennen are indeed really nice, only problem are the roads. There really bad at sometimes and with the harsh suspension on my bike that's not always a pleasure...

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Good point Noel, my commute on the Brute is simply too short to use a Tank bank and the back-pack is perfect....but 2.5hrs going flat out would definitely have me thinking about a different solution.

@vulles - ...that's way too high for me, it would do my head-in having something so high sitting there....if that was the amount of luggage I was taking, I'd definitely get a rear-rack/bag combination....the half-height I could cope with....but the leaning tower of Pisa :) ....errrr nup :)

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts