MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an event this weekend where parking for MILES around will be horrendous. I was thinking of trailering my monoposto about 5 miles from the event, and then riding 2 up on surface streets into the heart of it and parking.
Is this legal in Ca, and how likely am I to hurt the bike. And where the hell can she put her feet? I'm thinking maybe she can wrap them around me :hump:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I don't know what to say... do you mean a Ducati Monoposto, or your F4 1000? 5 mile is a low way on the surface street for 2 up riding without seat pads on these Italian bun roasters.

Don't do it. IMHO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Not sure about this one, as the mono sub-frame is aluminum, but the bi is steel for the additional weight that has to carry. I have seen 2-up on a mono Gixxers where the girl was tiny and shared the tail end of the rider's seat (both on the mono seat), with girls legs dangling in the air. But I'm sure they were not riding long distance. Although I'm sure Gixxers sub-frames are all the same, steel...if her feet get caught in the rear wheel... :drummer: :later:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, its on my F4-1000S
It does have that butt-stop pad on it. Maybe I can convince her that it's really a seat...

I'm 180 and she's 125...Hrm, 305 pounds?

Maybe I can just put her on rollerblades and pull her...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thats weird, you have a 1+1 cowl but a mono sub frame. I wouldn't do it as the rear is not designed to take the weight. Hire a scooter.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
yeah...too risky....I am sure the mono frame is over engineered to a point, but why take a chance...what if you hit a large bump or pot hole which loads it up alot. Also depends on how far back she is on the frame...the further back, the worse it is. If a failure did occur under a high stress load, then it would most likely occur without warning and be of a catastrophic nature, which would not be cool...... just have her ride on the handle bars.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd think it was sketch, but Just converting my 1+1 to a monoposto, I believe that both subframes are aluminum.. They feel and weigh the same and where the footpeg supports are welded on, it looks like an aluminum weld on the 1+1.. That being said, if she has a.. er.. 'boy-ass" you may both fit on the seat? :blush:

Coleman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts