MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Reach in behind the lock and give the inner cable a gentle tug.Very common.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
:D:D:eek: the key releases the rear seat only, not the rider seat. Remove the rear seat and you will see a latch you need to pus to remove the rider seat.
Are you sure you read the manual?
Maybe a bit too much of spiced Christmas eggnog?!?

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Ah, now here is where year, and mono/bi is important...

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Thanks for that Balz...I learn something new every day.

However, it would be nice for those of us who try to help out each day for a post like this to start in the realm of: "I have a (model year) _____ (model) _____ that I am having _______.......

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Thanks for that Balz...I learn something new every day.

However, it would be nice for those of us who try to help out each day for a post like this to start in the realm of: "I have a (model year) _____ (model) _____ that I am having _______.......
He nicely filled the registry like so often requested by some for this reason... Still not good enough?

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Oddly enough, I don't look at the registry submissions for a couple of reasons...one is that most folks don't use it and two is that for multiple bike owners, it still isn't specific enough as to which bike is being referenced...for instance if you posted the same inquiry....

In this case it would have helped me though, so perhaps i'll look there, too next time.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Oddly enough, I don't look at the registry submissions for a couple of reasons...one is that most folks don't use it and two is that for multiple bike owners, it still isn't specific enough as to which bike is being referenced...for instance if you posted the same inquiry....

In this case it would have helped me though, so perhaps i'll look there, too next time.
Okay okay... BUT... He also has it in his undertitle. AND... It says it in the title. Of the thread... AND... As an active member he even introduced his bike :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies guys. The lever you push on after you pull the rear seat wouldn't move. I should have been more specific that was the problem. I just figured there must be something else to it besides just that. After a bit of fiddling, read: jamming a screwdriver in there to use as a lever and hoping I didn't break anything, I got it sorted.

Sorry Silent,

I figured my sig would suffice for the model and year. Maybe I should change it to 2014 MV Agusta F4RR (Red/White) just so there's no ambiguity. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
No worries...I didn't even look...my bad.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The latch for the rider seat is under the pillion seat. You need to remove that first.
Hope this helps
Oh darn you already figured it. Lube the mechanism and align it to push the latch off the front seat. When it works right it very smooth mechanism.

Take care

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The latch for the rider seat is under the pillion seat. You need to remove that first.
Hope this helps
Oh darn you already figured it. Lube the mechanism and align it to push the latch off the front seat. When it works right it very smooth mechanism.

Take care
Thanks Fragile. I knew how it worked...it just didn't work. All set. The latch moves free as a bird now. And this bird you cannot change. wa u wa u wa u wa.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts