MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday on palomar mountain road, there was a two motorcycle accident that resulted in the loss of one rider's life.

as it turns out, a member of this forum (cryptyk) was on the scene and dialed 911.

the thread is here

i hope for a speedy recovery for the injured rider, and give my condolences to the family and friends of the fallen rider.

alex

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
As Altoon said, I was one of the first people on the scene. I won't ever forget what I saw when I looked into the downed rider's helmet after his visor was opened. I woke up many times last night with that image in my head. You can read the other thread for lots of details - I'm not going to rehash everything here. There is one point I wanted to bring to this forum though.
There is no reason - none at all - that each of us shouldn't know CPR.
The classes are cheap and only take between a few hours and one day. A small price to pay to save a human life which is exactly what the training can provide. I'm going to try to setup a class with an ASMI (Accident Scene Management Instruction) instructor in the San Diego area. I'll be up at Palomar this weekend to gauge interest and collect people's information. These courses are specific to motorcyclists and answer questions that pertain to our specific needs. The site is www.accidentscene.com and you can look under the "Instructors" tab to find someone in your area.
Even if that route doesn't work for you, I'd recommend a basic CPR course provided by your local Red Cross.

Ride safe guys.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryan - i feel for you. i've been in a similar situation where i was first at a sceen of a MAJOR auto accident. the image of two unbelted passengers i saw and tried to help will forever be burned into my memory. with time, you will figure out how to accept what happened.

but you are really doing the right thing! i applaud your efforts, and i will look into that CPR stuff!

alex

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
R.I.P. and my condolances to the young mans family and friends.

Very sad and far too common with inexperienced riders not being able to determine thier limits and going too fast on roads they don't know well enough.

I hope this Sally has not sustained any permanent injuries.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Cryptyk,

You are a good, decent and honorable man. Many thanks for caring compassionate people such as yourself.

Many respects and condolences to all those involved in the awful situation.

Kevin Hannigan

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
altoon said:
yesterday on palomar mountain road, there was a two motorcycle accident that resulted in the loss of one rider's life.

as it turns out, a member of this forum (cryptyk) was on the scene and dialed 911.

the thread is here

i hope for a speedy recovery for the injured rider, and give my condolences to the family and friends of the fallen rider.

alex

I have just read all the posts there, and while I offer my condolences to the riders family etc, you just have to ask yourself about the way he was riding (running either side of the whites and running wide it would appear)

The closest I have come this year to a major one was negotiating a LH bend to find some clown on a Kawasaki (it was green) overtaking on double whites, and heading straight for me, a couple of seconds earlier and I would have been in trouble because of this twat.

Recently (i'm lucky, my work rota means i'm off mid week) if I venture out at weekends and it's bikes everywhere on the good routes, I just go home, everyone complains about car drivers, but up to now every near miss (and hit) I have had has been with another motorcycle :jerkoff:

I feel real sorry for the innocent Sally, a good rider apparantly taken out by a clown :rant:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
HHHMMMM I am on the other side of the world, so I don't know the area.
I lost a friend (on a 996) last year wiped out by an erratic van driver. It was on a piece of country road that is frequented by riders, and we had a group of about 10. One guy is still in rehab.
When the police and local fire brigade finally showed up not one of them had a defribulator that would have saved his life. All the guys on the ride and all our close mates chipped in and brought a defribulator, trauma kit and emergency cell phone for the local fire brigade in the area. They were so touched they put a plaque on it with our mates name. Now if some other poor rider falls there is a hope the right equipment is available, and our mate can save lives!.
Just a thought for your local area? We even made the press, bike riders do some good...sort of stuff,,,

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Greg Albert said:
HHHMMMM I am on the other side of the world, so I don't know the area.
I lost a friend (on a 996) last year wiped out by an erratic van driver. It was on a piece of country road that is frequented by riders, and we had a group of about 10. One guy is still in rehab.
When the police and local fire brigade finally showed up not one of them had a defribulator that would have saved his life. All the guys on the ride and all our close mates chipped in and brought a defribulator, trauma kit and emergency cell phone for the local fire brigade in the area. They were so touched they put a plaque on it with our mates name. Now if some other poor rider falls there is a hope the right equipment is available, and our mate can save lives!.
Just a thought for your local area? We even made the press, bike riders do some good...sort of stuff,,,
i'm sorry for the loss of your friend (and the other gentleman, still in rehab)
how amazing that your found some way to get a bit of positivity from this tragedy...
it is a dangerous thing that we do... that we love
this thread only serves to remind us of that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
225 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I have just read all the posts there, and while I offer my condolences to the riders family etc, you just have to ask yourself about the way he was riding (running either side of the whites and running wide it would appear)

The closest I have come this year to a major one was negotiating a LH bend to find some clown on a Kawasaki (it was green) overtaking on double whites, and heading straight for me, a couple of seconds earlier and I would have been in trouble because of this twat.

Recently (i'm lucky, my work rota means i'm off mid week) if I venture out at weekends and it's bikes everywhere on the good routes, I just go home, everyone complains about car drivers, but up to now every near miss (and hit) I have had has been with another motorcycle :jerkoff:

I feel real sorry for the innocent Sally, a good rider apparantly taken out by a clown :rant:
I've ridden Palomar and it's tight and a lot of the turns are decreasing radius. We've all misjudged a turn before and ran wide, I know that I have and fortunately I've been lucky and had nothing coming the other way. I've had cars run wide on turns probably as many times as bikes and very recently I saw a truck take out a car running wide on a turn!!! These things do happen and we have to keep this in mind when we're on the road. I usually ride mid week at quiet tiimes and often early morning to try to avoid this.

RIP to the fallen rider and I hope that Sally makes a full recovery and cryptyk is right we should all have at least a basic knowledge of emergency first aid.

RIP :(

·
Registered
673 Posts
Greg Albert said:
All the guys on the ride and all our close mates chipped in and brought a defribulator, trauma kit and emergency cell phone for the local fire brigade in the area.
This is also a good idea. I'm going to look into what equipment the small volunteer fire department at Palomar may need.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Ryan, I have been witness to a fatal road accident and you have my deepest sympathy. My thoughts are with you and the rider's family at this traumatic time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts