MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow community member was involved in a serious accident last night.

He is currently stable in the ICU. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Ian

·
Super Moderator
23,723 Posts
Thanks for posting Ian, I've been in contact with Curtis and Randy's brother. This could have been any one of us. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Heard just a few details. Praying for the best.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
@gotfolk Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One of the few people I hug when meeting and parting.

His sweet soul draws you in as many here know.

Hang in there guy, we need you with us.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Healing light

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Simply horrible news about such a truly nice person.
Ian, let us know if there is anything we can do for him and his family.

·
Super Moderator
23,723 Posts
I've just been chatting with Randy's brother, Matt, over FB Messenger. Randy is in good spirits even as they are taking him for some additional surgery to remove a bit more of his damaged left leg.

The short story on the situation is that one rider in his group did not see their intention to turn left and that rider careened into Randy causing the accident.

·
Registered
519 Posts
All the best to you Randy! (y)(y)

·
Registered
673 Posts
sending best wishes that you get back on 2 sooner than you think!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,723 Posts
From what I understand the other rider was not injured.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
From what I understand the other rider was not injured.
That's correct. I did get to talk to him a little bit over the phone this afternoon, just to say hey and that I love him and that we are all are rallying behind him. Obviously he couldn't speak back to me, but his brother assured me he understood.

I am planning on heading down there to see him and his family after work on Thurs. I haven't pried too much over the phone with the details of the accident, financial needs, etc, nor is that really my mantra, but I do hope Randy can speak by the time I see him later this week and talk with his parents in person and go over a "to do" and "needs" list, both short term and long term.

I do know one of Randy's other friends has started a GoFundMe... I don't know her and have never met her, and that's not my thing, so I'm not going to pass that along... I'm going to be as direct as I can with help and involvement, and will make that transparent, organized and available once I have the time to sit down with him and his parents. If you feel so inclined to give that way, the link is on his younger brother's facebook page.

Thank you all so much. And I'm sorry if I forget to reach out to someone individually... Randy is very active in a lot of communities (VW, Subaru, music, etc etc), and I'm trying to focus on just the motorcycle side of things for him and his family so that they aren't overwhelmed.

·
Super Moderator
2,797 Posts
Wishing Randy the very very best in his recovery from down here too. :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts