MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had the opportunity to take an F3 demo for a spin.
The bike had the right (last) mapping and was a non EAS version.
These are my remarks....

Positives:
- Really aggresive on the throttle (i like that very much)
- Power surprised me a lot, never thought this was 'only' 675cc
- Power delivery is spot on! (very) Little hesitation in the throttle, lasted 2 minutes to cope with
- Stable as a train and a pleasure to flik over in the curves
- Very light!
- Brakes are very good and very progressive
- Seat position is a big surprise, never sat that good on a sportsbike! Relax, comfortable and yet sportive when it comes to the wire.
- Price!
- The noise it makes is just incredible

Negatives:
I have to wait until January to place the order....

This was a perfect set up bike from a very well known dealer here in Belgium. All his bikes get delivered like this and there haven't been a lot of issues at his dealership. I think a good dealership from someone who knows MV Agusta is essential in getting a good (read: near perfect) bike. He will deliver mine, that's for sure....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh yeah Black Hawk....100% agree. I just laid 200Km of rubber in the sunshine today and still smiling :):):):) The bike just gets better with every spin out and about...the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh yeah Black Hawk....100% agree. I just laid 200Km of rubber in the sunshine today and still smiling :):):):) The bike just gets better with every spin out and about...the wait will be worth it.
Couldn't agree more - I have just hit 1500 km and it gets better every time i take it out ......

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've reached 1000km yesterday, she is a gun machine!!!, the right side of the tires are well marked even with TC set on 3 and never above 9000rpm; I'm training on a 4 turns from a cross highway(trèfle in french),fun and practical to running in >changing rpm load without concern about speed or traffic (the great sound opens the way too)
I started on the fourth gear when I must stay bellow 6000rpm but after 750km a push the third gear and shift the fourth and fifth >>very fast and she never understeers nor oversteers too, the cornering exit IS the main point increased from my old RSV who is not bad at all, thanks to the counterrevving crankshaft and lighter lower and compact package. The stock dampers with the factory settings are well for my body (80kg nude) I only put 2.2bars in both pirellis, they are soft but not perfectly round, 25grams of lead on each rim , that 's not common with michelins.
The TC helps to prevent overrevving on some jumps due to bridges joins , surprising at first time!!
Now , I'm waiting the next level 11000rpm and the second injectors ramp working!!!!! Normally she 's capable to stay in third gear and may be start wheelies !!!yes

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got like 25% of that. I think.
I translated it = he loves the bike.

How would we do on a French language forum? Parlez vous Francais.

Good on you cristogrr for coming on here and sharing your thoughts. If you have done 1000km then I wouldn't hold back from revving the tits off it now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'll pick up my beauty tomorrow after her first service, the forecasts are excellent this WE, I 'll ride ride ride yessssssssssss
Soon

·
Registered
372 Posts
My dealer said that my F3 is the quieter motor eared from all the B3 servicing, because of the mapping version (i think the 46th), the mecanic checked the valve play by a new electronical device while motor's running in hot condition !!!no adjustements needed >yes
Next check at +6000KM
It's a new sensor trick to correct the amount of each breathing cylinder by cylinder, it's used also on the new V4 from Aprilia, to avoiding long dismantelling, capable to recover some irregular firing up to a certain point of course; to do this you must have the service tool from the factory....all the results are send to the factory too, they know how your engine ages.
Now, it 's my turn to play with.
Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's not exactly the real valve play but the residual play at hot running(normally with the dilatations almost no play to keep the valves well closed in compression time. It's for equilibre the power piston by piston to avoid add vibrations when revving high.
Well, I run today with more free revs(11000) but not WOT yet, the push is constant and the noise disappears a little with higher frequency, no vibrations, it's very good, like when you are on the tv with Pedroda or Marquez; it's difficult to resist to put the throttle at max, but I choosed my training cross roads to stay on third gear and with the traffic , I forget to go fast; but now I can reach 146km before braking , it' s enough for the moment, I will stay at this revs untill 2000km; but there are a lot better reactions like the shifter at these revs, the nimble changing lane, the stability of the front end under acceleration(no gysmo on it), and the best is the song !!!!!!!!!!!
I have put 12,4liters after 200KM (yellow led at 180km), it's very few when I see what I did with her.
I think it would be a gun for the IOM TT !!! Fast and furious........
Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
Today ,1600KM, the gear indicator started to get wrong in sixth >shows five after a time with the shifter gear change. No matters but i can put the sixth gear after the fourth!!! in one long pull on the peg >not safe , I was following a police car at legal speed = too slow for the box !!
I ride with ear plugs continuously but I can ear the engine noise when I warm it up , it is very loud coming from the camshafts and the clutch I presume , I stay always below 5k untill the third mark appears on the dashboard, when is hot, no noise other than a little wizz.
The bike is very well balanced , very loudy too on the streets, only below 3K I can ride quietly...but on the gaz , the song creates the thrill .........
The front brake lever doesn't need a lot of force to be efficient andthe engine brake helps a lot to go fast to the apex like a big twin !! enormous!!
Cheers

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello,
Yersterday I reached 1900km, and I only start to understand the temperature indicator, because I did most of my journey with only two first strips marks on the dash, it was cold here , only 5°C in the morning.
I went watch my bike during the lunch-time, and my surprise was to see the temp sensor in the middle of the left side of the radiator, it could explain the long time before indicating some heat !!!!not a good system.
On my aprilia , the sensors (two), both are located on the heads,one for the CPU management , the other for the display in digits!!...and there is a watch dog to prevent malfunction on between.
Now , an other good feeling with the bike , the rear tire wear while on braking in..(TC on 3 always and never full WOT and 11K until now)

I have to reset the chain play two times also, with the shifter, the chains takes a lot of stress, I try to compensate a little but is so good to hear those quick changes
:conveyer:
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts